SkUnity Under attack.

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

BrettPlayMC

Supporter
Jan 26, 2017
SkUnity Street
It seems for the past few weeks some as****** have been attacking SkUnity therefor putting it under attack. One user has made 6+ PAGES of spam for some sh*tty gambling website. Is there anything we can do to stop this? This has never happened to SpigotMC in my knowing of it so how can it be prevented here? It is really annoying.

This is just a simple bot attack continuing from the old NodeBB software, except it's adapted.

There's not much we can do, since the bots seem to be able to bypass recaptchas'. I ask that people do not send in reports about the bot accounts, as it does fill up the reports section, and we do see them quite quickly.

I've suggested to @BaeFell to add a character blacklist for Korean Characters, since that's what they're using mostly, and he's looking into it.

This is just a simple bot attack continuing from the old NodeBB software, except it's adapted.

There's not much we can do, since the bots seem to be able to bypass recaptchas'. I ask that people do not send in reports about the bot accounts, as it does fill up the reports section, and we do see them quite quickly.

I've suggested to @BaeFell to add a character blacklist for Korean Characters, since that's what they're using mostly, and he's looking into it.
That would be great.

They are not 'users'. In fact, no one is creating them. They are just automated software to advertise certain sites, they just look for sites using XenForo or other forums software and then target them automatically.
They also target us because we leave their spam threads up for hours. SkUnity should probably consider getting some mods in a few different time zones :emoji_wink:

yah
CuXkEVt.png

Last edited by a moderator: