SkShout

Script SkShout 0.1

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Brendo99

Supporter
Feb 3, 2017
Australia
Brendo99 submitted a new resource:

SkShout - Simply adds a shout feature to your chat!

SkShout by Brendo99

Welcome to the easiest Shout plugin you will find.

Simply type a " ! " in your message and it will display your message in a noticeable box and "Level Up" sound effect will play.

View attachment 337

There is currently a 3 minute cooldown on all shouts, If a player tries to shout an error message will come up.

View attachment 336

Feel free to give me suggestions on what to add next and ill gladly to...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: Dylan The Beast
While I have approved this resource, you need to fix a few things:
  1. The default Skript effect is "!". Have an option to change it in your script
  2. You check if the message contains "!", instead of seeing if it starts with "!".
  3. It's possible that someone could spam shouts within the 4 ticks between the first one and the variable restricting shouts to every minutes being set.

As @BaeFell stated, you've just checked if it contains "!". This means any message the player says that contains "!" will have a cooldown, even if they don't even want to shout it.

As @BaeFell stated, you've just checked if it contains "!". This means any message the player says that contains "!" will have a cooldown, even if they don't even want to shout it.

So ill add permissions.
[doublepost=1487450210,1487450142][/doublepost]
While I have approved this resource, you need to fix a few things:
  1. The default Skript effect is "!". Have an option to change it in your script
  2. You check if the message contains "!", instead of seeing if it starts with "!".
  3. It's possible that someone could spam shouts within the 4 ticks between the first one and the variable restricting shouts to every minutes being set.

1. Should i make a /shout command as well as an option to change the !?
2. Ok ill fix that.

Reactions: Dylan The Beast
So ill add permissions.
[doublepost=1487450210,1487450142][/doublepost]

1. Should i make a /shout command as well as an option to change the !?
2. Ok ill fix that.
The permission will do nothing lol. That just means people with the permission will have the same problem... Either make it so the ! has to be at the front of the message or just replace it all together with /shout.