Skript-Packet

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

aeim

Feb 21, 2017
skript-packet
A Skript packet addon to replace ThatPacketAddon (which is not updated) with Skript 2.5.2+

Requirements
  • Recent version of Skript
  • Stable ProtocolLib dev build (does not works with v-4.5.1)
  • Java8+
  • It's highly recommended to use skript-reflect
What is a packet
The Minecraft server and your Minecraft client share information called "packets". Example of a packet:
  • Any movement made by an entity
  • Opening a gui to a player
  • When the player use an item
The interest of manipulation of packets is to send fake information to a specific group of players, like display a fake diamond block (client side) instead of a tnt (server side). You can do a lot of things with packets, but it's really hard to understand how to use them ...

This link can help you to identify the content of a packet: https://wiki.vg/Protocol

What is the difference from ThatPacketAddon

TPA is not up to date and is not recommended after MC 1.15.
Skript-Packet provide support from MC 1.12 to the most recent version
Skript-Packet try to improve performances and fix bugs from TPA (exemple : TPA does not fully support play_server_map_chunk)
My Addon add a lot of feature to deal with NMS (like converting Bukkit to NMS and vice versa)
I do my best to facilitate understanding of packets.