set slot problem

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivenze

Feb 2, 2018
hey this is my code:

command /staffmode:
aliases: sm
permission: staff.mode
permission message: &3&lPERMISSION &8» &cYou do not have permission to execute that command.
trigger:
if {staffmode.%player%} is not set:
set gamemode of player to adventure
clear player's inventory
wait 1 tick
send "&3&lSTAFF MODE &8» &3You have &aenabled &3Staff mode."
set slot 0 of player to compass named "&3Compass"
set slot 1 of player to book named "&3Inventory Viewer"
set slot 2 of player to book named "&3Flight"
set slot 6 of player to packed ice named "&3Freeze"
set slot 8 of player to gray dye named "&3Vanish"
set slot 7 of player to blaze rod named "&3Random Teleporter"
set {staffmode.%player%} to true
stop

for some reason, everything works except for "set slot 2". the feather doesn't appear at all while everything else appears. can someone please help me fix this? (my code is indented, when i copy and pasted, it kind of messed up)

perhaps try "feather item". I think I recall having to use the term bed item to get beds to show up properly.
Also when you post code, press the small + sign on the top bar and select code. you can paste your code in so it formats properly!:emoji_grinning:

just use "feather item"? no underscore or anything?
and thank you! ill do that from nowon :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

oh okay! when you do get the chance to test (because i cant now either xD) would you tell me if it works and try to help me find a solution? that would be awesome!!

oh okay! when you do get the chance to test (because i cant now either xD) would you tell me if it works and try to help me find a solution? that would be awesome!!
Sure thing^-^ it'll be in an hour or so for me when I'm done work.

I'm not sure. I would give the server the obligatory restart and try again, with feather or feather item, it should work for you. If it doesn't, I'd look at the skript version next and be sure you're up to date(assuming you;re on mc 1.12.2)

no I'm on 1.8. could it be some other code interferring with it? because i only copied the beginning of my code

Dev 25 is the latest supported version for 1.8, is that the one you use? It may have a different alias in that version, which you can find in the aliases folder. I'm afraid I'm not much help when it comes to 1.8 :c
I'm not seeing anything else in your given code that is stopping it, and if your other slots are setting properly, then this one should as well.

that's the latest supported version for 1.8 right? so i just replace my current skript.jar file with that?

okay! hang on :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:
[doublepost=1517570228,1517569885][/doublepost]the feather still doesn't show up D:
it's running 1.8 version, tried feather and feather item.
do you want me to send you my entire code to see if you can see if any other codes are interferring with it?

Hmm...I can try to look at it, but I'm not too sure what's wrong in that case.
Perhaps try "set slot 2 of player's current inventory to feather"

Status
Not open for further replies.