ScoreBoard responsive in 1.7.X

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

srxSaw

Jan 26, 2017
Would be great for users who maintain 1.7, an addon of scoreboards that are powerful as Umbaska, the only thing that does not make Umbaska scoreboards the best is that they are limited to 14 characters per slot using simple scoreboard

Would be great for users who maintain 1.7, an addon of scoreboards that are powerful as Umbaska, the only thing that does not make Umbaska scoreboards the best is that they are limited to 14 characters per slot using simple scoreboard
the 1.7 is 3 years old now, they shouldn't even support the 1.8.8, but because it's the most used version, it's still supported. There isn't a reason to still support 1.7 unless you're using mods in your server but Skript doesn't work fine on modded servers so it's useless.

I'm pretty sure the pvp guys will want to support 1.7 but either the addons developers or me would want that, why? Take a look at the following:

• You have to do the features for one version more, when the still supported versions for the most part of addons are four actually (1.8.8-1.11.2), do that would be more work and testing to do.
  • As nobody do pull requests to their repositories even if the addons are open-source, the addon developers wouldn't care less on maintain that features.
  • Even spigot doesn't support it, the latest version (1.11.2) is the default version now, if there is a bug in the 1.7, there isn't support on fixing it.

the 1.7 is 3 years old now, they shouldn't even support the 1.8.8, but because it's the most used version, it's still supported. There isn't a reason to still support 1.7 unless you're using mods in your server but Skript doesn't work fine on modded servers so it's useless.

I'm pretty sure the pvp guys will want to support 1.7 but either the addons developers or me would want that, why? Take a look at the following:

• You have to do the features for one version more, when the still supported versions for the most part of addons are four actually (1.8.8-1.11.2), do that would be more work and testing to do.
  • As nobody do pull requests to their repositories even if the addons are open-source, the addon developers wouldn't care less on maintain that features.
  • Even spigot doesn't support it, the latest version (1.11.2) is the default version now, if there is a bug in the 1.7, there isn't support on fixing it.
I understand what you want to tell me, it would be great but I understand that it is practically impossible, thanks for replying :emoji_slight_smile: