Resource icon

Script Reputation 1.1

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Frey

May 16, 2018
Frey submitted a new resource:

Reputation - Let your players give each other Reputation

This Script allows your players to give each other rep. They can give 3 types of rep: Positive, Negative, and Neutral. Players can only give 1 rep. Once given it can not be changed.

COMMANDS:
Player Commands:
/rep help
/rep give <player> <Positive,Negative,Neutral>
/rep check

Admin Commands:
/repset <Player> <rep amount>

PERMISSIONS:
rep.use - Player commands
rep.admin - Admin commands

If you need help just contact me!

Read more about this resource...

Hey

I quickly saw this on the forum and decided to give a look over. I think it is very well written but im going to give some feedback.
In my opinion as someone who has run a server, I dont see the point of this. Basically its a "LIKE" system for players. One player who is very well liked will get a lot of positive rep and a player who is maybe young and annoying will get a lot of negative rep. I feel like this could really upset a player and I really dont see how this could possibly be useful on a server. Player's already fight on servers for /baltop.... and i could just see this becoming a very childish fight for someone wanting to earn the highest positive rep.

I am going to suggest writing it so players automatically EARN reps based on actions they do on the server. I have seen this used in a plugin before called REPUTATION. So for example, a player does something positive and earns good rep, where as when they do something negative, they earn negative rep, here are a few examples of what i mean

Positive Actions:
- Kill aggressive mobs (zombies, creepers, skeletons, spiders, pigment, blazes, etc)
- Welcome new players to the server (Say something that includes "welcome" within 30 seconds of a new player joining)
- Playtime (earn a positive point every hour they spend on the server)
- Kill BAD Players (every time you kill a player with negative rep, you get a point)

Negative Actions:
- Kill GOOD players (every time they kill a player with positive rep, you loose a point)
- Get a ban/kick/mute (for every punishment they loose points based on type of punishment)
- Words (Maybe every time they use a certain word in chat they loose a point, like swears and such)
- Kill villagers (loose points for killing villagers)

These are just some ideas of little things I could think of but obviously you could take it a whole lot further and really customize it.

I just feel that this way players will actually have to EARN positive rep by doing positive things, rather than making it a popularity contest.

Frey updated Reputation with a new update entry:

Updated /repset and added aliases for "positive" and "negative"

Sup guys! Sorry this took awhile to push out, I was busy these past couple weeks.

CHANGES:

- Updated /repset. /repset <username> <rep type> <rep amount. Leave blank for 0>

- Added aliases for "positive" (+) and negative (-).

Read the rest of this update entry...
[doublepost=1530401067,1530332428][/doublepost]
Hey

I quickly saw this on the forum and decided to give a look over. I think it is very well written but im going to give some feedback.
In my opinion as someone who has run a server, I dont see the point of this. Basically its a "LIKE" system for players. One player who is very well liked will get a lot of positive rep and a player who is maybe young and annoying will get a lot of negative rep. I feel like this could really upset a player and I really dont see how this could possibly be useful on a server. Player's already fight on servers for /baltop.... and i could just see this becoming a very childish fight for someone wanting to earn the highest positive rep.

I am going to suggest writing it so players automatically EARN reps based on actions they do on the server. I have seen this used in a plugin before called REPUTATION. So for example, a player does something positive and earns good rep, where as when they do something negative, they earn negative rep, here are a few examples of what i mean

Positive Actions:
- Kill aggressive mobs (zombies, creepers, skeletons, spiders, pigment, blazes, etc)
- Welcome new players to the server (Say something that includes "welcome" within 30 seconds of a new player joining)
- Playtime (earn a positive point every hour they spend on the server)
- Kill BAD Players (every time you kill a player with negative rep, you get a point)

Negative Actions:
- Kill GOOD players (every time they kill a player with positive rep, you loose a point)
- Get a ban/kick/mute (for every punishment they loose points based on type of punishment)
- Words (Maybe every time they use a certain word in chat they loose a point, like swears and such)
- Kill villagers (loose points for killing villagers)

These are just some ideas of little things I could think of but obviously you could take it a whole lot further and really customize it.

I just feel that this way players will actually have to EARN positive rep by doing positive things, rather than making it a popularity contest.

That is a very good idea! I didn't think of that. This script is more aimed towards people using it for letting other players know if the player that has received rep is good for trading items, doesn't scam, etc. Though I do see where you are coming from. I could make that another completely different script. Also, Sorry for replying late. Didn't realize I didn't get notifications for the discussion messages >.<