Ranking(Sorting)system - already know about sorted(list)

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

MorsiMorsi

Feb 22, 2017
Category: Skript Addon addition(maybe)

Suggested name: -

What I want:

Hello. This is more likely request function on add on but, I don't see request page for addon, so I am posting here.

I have seen very similar thread about this, asked some questions in skript discord, and put some time to think about it, and researched , but still could not find a way to do this! , and I believe there is no elegant way to make ranking system with existing functions ( It I am wrong please correct me! ).

Currently, sorted (list) is availabe for Bensku's fork.

Let's say I have a {score::%player%} that stores some kind of score of player.

Now from the ranking system
I want to identify ...
1. ranking number of specific player
2. corresponding score.

Let's say ,

( player )A has 200 points.
B has 300 points
C has 100 points
D has 50 points.
which is
{score::A} = 200
{score::B} = 300
{score::C} = 100
{score:: D} = 50

at the end, I want to identify
B is #1 , who has 300 points
A is #2 , who has 200 points
C is #3 , who has 100 points
D is #4 , who has 50 points.

The only sorting function I could find is sorted , and something from randomSK(same as sorted ) at this moment.

when I do

set {sorted::*} to sorted {score::*}
above list will be sorted like this
{sorted::1} = 50
{sorted::2} = 100
{sorted::3} = 200
{sorted::4} = 300

basically, it loses "index" , so there is really no way I can know who has 50 points, and who has 300 points from {sorted::*} list.

If I write a sorting function from Skript, all I can think of is bubble sorting which is really really bad decision while I have thousands of scores! I don't think that's elegant way of sorting for sure.

Is this already possible to implement with current skript and addons, or is it something that anyone can implement? Thanks for reading !

Ideas for commands: -

Ideas for permissions: -

When I'd like it by: doesn't matter

Last edited:
I'd be very appreciated if you can tell me what to look up
How to use the search feature of skunity.com

Step 1.
Go to Skunity.com, up the top right is a search bar, this search bar is some what like most search bars in the world, it used keywords to find what you're looking for.

Step 2.
Now to find the keywords, so obviously from looking at your post i find 3 important keywords, HIGHEST, LOWEST and SORTING.

Step 3.
Now because i can't be bothered to type anymore or format this post just search for highest please and it'll come up ty.

How to use the search feature of skunity.com

Step 1.
Go to Skunity.com, up the top right is a search bar, this search bar is some what like most search bars in the world, it used keywords to find what you're looking for.

Step 2.
Now to find the keywords, so obviously from looking at your post i find 3 important keywords, HIGHEST, LOWEST and SORTING.

Step 3.
Now because i can't be bothered to type anymore or format this post just search for highest please and it'll come up ty.
Wow you deserve a follow. Very good description.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have asked this to github, and got what I wanted.
https://github.com/bensku/Skript/issues/399

I'm not #1 expert in skript, but I do understand how to use skript in general. This question is not like " hey how do I get extra drop when I mine stone? " . sorted function is currently not returning original list index, so it is required to have some extra lists to enable what I want. As it will be very handy if index can be stored after sorted function, I have asked this as request.

However, all you both are saying is "search in forum". Basic search in forum will not help me at this stage as this can not be done with single function, and I understand what is going on.

It is okay to make immature comment as a normal user, but I am quite disappointed that someone who has "Well-known member" badge speaks in that way. It clearly shows the level of this community. Thanks for your very kind and mature words.

but I am quite disappointed that someone who has "Well-known member" badge speaks in that way
It's just Brett that treat the people in that way the most part of the time, not you but there are people that is so annoying because them don't give the proper information, Brett must be tired of treat with that kind of people (although I'm the one who should be tired such as I'm who answer the most part of the posts lol). Anyways, I did answer you at github if you didn't realize that it was me and I hope that will help you with whatever are you trying to achieve.

It's just Brett that treat the people in that way the most part of the time, not you but there are people that is so annoying because them don't give the proper information, Brett must be tired of treat with that kind of people (although I'm the one who should be tired such as I'm who answer the most part of the posts lol). Anyways, I did answer you at github if you didn't realize that it was me and I hope that will help you with whatever are you trying to achieve.
I am indeed. I find it very annoying that some people (Not the OP) have questions that can be answered with a simple google. This happens on Spigot and SkUnity so it starts to get to me every once and a while and I just explode and don't give a crap about what I say in my post and the reaction of it.