Quick Question - Pathfind Range?

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey scripters,

Just a quick question about the pathfinder.
At the moment I'm pathfinding mobs to locations,
but they won't walk to it when there are no players near the mob.
This is really annoying for me, because I created a system what I've created the last few days,
which I have struggled with a lot.

So, I wanted to ask if I can change this range, or if there is another way to fix this.
(a way to let mobs walk to a location with a specific speed.)
[doublepost=1515361059,1515174221][/doublepost]I thought the 'minimum playerrange' NBT of an entity could help with this, but it doesn't seem to work?

Any other solutions maybe?

Hey scripters,

Just a quick question about the pathfinder.
At the moment I'm pathfinding mobs to locations,
but they won't walk to it when there are no players near the mob.
This is really annoying for me, because I created a system what I've created the last few days,
which I have struggled with a lot.

So, I wanted to ask if I can change this range, or if there is another way to fix this.
(a way to let mobs walk to a location with a specific speed.)
[doublepost=1515361059,1515174221][/doublepost]I thought the 'minimum playerrange' NBT of an entity could help with this, but it doesn't seem to work?

Any other solutions maybe?
so you want to change the follow range of an entity?

Mobs aren't active when there are no players near to them. Due to this, the mobs don't walk to the location where they need to go to with pathfinding.

This is the problem I'm struggling with at the moment.
right so you want to set their Pathfinder range to a large number

Increase the amount of chunks loaded by the server in server.properties think it's view-distance

right so you want to set their Pathfinder range to a large number

No, I want to change the minimum distance between a mob and player to let the mob pathfind to a location. (or any other action)

So: "How to let mobs pathfind to locations while there are no players nearby?"

Increase the amount of chunks loaded by the server in server.properties think it's view-distance

I know this is an option, but this can create lag in a Survival world. Isn't this possible to set a 'view distance' for only a few mobs?

No, I want to change the minimum distance between a mob and player to let the mob pathfind to a location. (or any other action)

So: "How to let mobs pathfind to locations while there are no players nearby?"

I know this is an option, but this can create lag in a Survival world. Isn't this possible to set a 'view distance' for only a few mobs?
No, chunks have to be loaded for mobs to be loaded. You can't do just one

Status
Not open for further replies.