play sound expression isn't working

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluhtie

Supporter
Feb 8, 2020
Germany
cwcodes.de
Hello guys, today I found out that if I run spigot 1.12.2 player's cant her sounds from Skript if there Client Version is 1.8 (Below 1.12.2) but that 1.12.2 player's also can hear sounds from the 1.8.8 Skript Play Sound Expression. So I downgraded my Server from 1.12.2 to 1.8.8 and installed all Plugins (Skript and Skript addons) sucessfully with no Errors. So to Play a Sound normally I use this Expression:
Code:
play sound "LEVEL_UP" to player with volume 100 and pitch 2
It worked before on my 1.8.8 Server without any Errors. But now I get this error
Code:
'to player with volume 100 and pitch 2' is not an entity type (tets.sk, line 3: play sound "LEVEL_UP" to player with volume 100 and pitch 2')

My Plugins:

TitleManager (v2.1.6)
Skript (v2.1.2)
Skore (v1.0.0)
WildSkript (v1.8)
SkMorkaz (v0.21)
Skellett (v1.9.8)
SkRayFall (v1.9.19)
SkQuery (3.21.4)

Would nice if yomeone can help me :emoji_grinning:

1.8 sound names are different, you should check what the user's client version is and play that sound either in 1.8 sound or 1.12 sounds, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.