Official [New Rule] No use of "sk"/"Skript" in addon names

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

BaeFell

I'm Poppy
Staff member
Admin
skUnity Legend
Nov 27, 2016
discord.gg
Discord Username
BaeFell
This is an April Fools joke! https://forums.skunity.com/threads/new-rule-no-use-of-sk-skript-in-addon-names.2883/#post-7408

Hi everyone,

I unfortunately have to announce this new rule which takes immediate effect. Please read on for what is happening:

I was recently contacted by Njol via email and we discussed how skUnity Forums had at first replaced the DBO forums and have now become the only Skript forums due to DBO not having the forums section anymore. For skUnity Forums to become the official forums, Njol has asked for some input into how the forums operate. I have agreed to this with him, so long as skUnity Forums are branded as official and he has some activity on them.

However, during this conversation with Njol, he brought up an issue. He is contacted multiple times a day with people reporting bugs for addons. He believes the general confusion lies with the fact that addons use the wording "sk" or "Skript", either at the start or end of their name and people then believe they're either official addons of Skript or they are Skript.

This rule is that addon developers can no longer brand their addons with "sk" or "Skript" if they're posting them on skUnity. Addons currently posted will be changed over the coming days. I know this rule probably doesn't help out the community, but it's something Njol has asked for.

Name changes:
OpenAudoMcSkript => OpenAudoMc
skript-json => json
MythicMobs Skript Addon => MythicMobs Addon (direct references to Skript also not allowed)
SkellettProxy = ellettProxy
Skellett => ellet
skQuery (inc. forks) => Query
SharpSk => Sharp
TwitterSk => Twitter
Vixio, this addon already complies with the new rule
WolvSk => Wolv
Reqn, this addon already complies with the new rule
TuSKe, this addon already complies with the new rule
QuarSk => Quar
BentenCore, this addon already complies with the new rule
SkStuff => Stuff
Umbaska, this addon already complies with the new rule
skUtilities => Utilities
WildSkript => Wild
OaSkriptEvents => OaEvents
RediSK => Redi
TeamSkript => Team
Facsk => Fac
PurpleSk => Purple
MundoSK = Mundo
skWhitelist => Whitelist
skProfession => Profession
skGlide => Glide
skDragon => Dragon

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
BaeFell

This is an April Fools joke! https://forums.skunity.com/threads/new-rule-no-use-of-sk-skript-in-addon-names.2883/#post-7408

There goes a bunch of resource activity, naming things "Glide, Dragon, Fac, ellet"
Yeah, really going to be searched actively in Google and new users will be so sure on knowing what they are downloading and will now know exactly what to search!

Njol created Skript and abandoned it. He shouldn't be in power anymore.
Could not agree more, does he really have the power to brand things official, considering most people use a version he didn't even make, due to him abandoning it so early.

We need a way to easily identify them as add-on for skript though, maybe come up with a special tag for all the add-on would be a good idea.

Ok, this is just dumb it makes no sense. I don’t even see how this could be a rule the names are meant for it to stick with the plugin and look good with it. This is just going to make everyone change the name the custom made images and everything it makes no sense and I don’t see why you are following his lead as he abandoned skript…

Reactions: DonaldTrump
Would it not be easy to have some sort of code added to show it's still bound to Skript? (Code as in something on the end of the name, not programming-wise)

E.g

skript-json --> jsonSA as SA stands for Skript Addon

This is just so that other mainstream plugins aren't accidentally downloaded instead of skript addons as it causes way more problems.

What a shame, honestly Skunity seems fine without "Njol's official branding" the addon devs and bensku are keeping skript alive so it seems a bit unfair to come in and make them change their addon names, anyone who can't differentiate from the fact that they are installing a skript addon probably shouldn't be using skript

skDragon => Dragon

um,,, no????

njol can suck it up and take his name off the brand if he wants to be a sooky poo
[doublepost=1491017646,1491016912][/doublepost]
official addons of Skript

I was under the impression that these were official addons of skript, how is changing the name going to help when every single time a null it found during skript load it will shoot a message from skript containing the stack trace etc,, this alone would make foolish n00b users go to njol and bug him,,

this will solve nothing

Those are not at the start or end, thus are allowed
In that case, I propose a compromise that should make everyone happy:
OpenAudoMcSkript => OpenAudoMcSkAwesome
skript-json => awesome-sk-json
MythicMobs Skript Addon => MythicMobs Sk Addon
SkellettProxy = AwesomeSkellettProxy
Skellett => AwesomeSkellet
skQuery (inc. forks) => AwesomeSkQuery
SharpSk => SharpSkAwesome
TwitterSk => TwitterSkAwesome
WolvSk => WolvSkAwesome
QuarSk => QuarSkAwesome
SkStuff => AwesomeSkStuff
skUtilities => AwesomeSkUtilities
WildSkript => WildSkAwesome
OaSkriptEvents => OaSkEvents
RediSK => RediSkAwesome
TeamSkript => TeamSkAwesome
Facsk => FacSkAwesome
PurpleSk => PurpleSkAwesome
MundoSK = MundoSkAwesome
skWhitelist => AwesomeSkWhitelist
skProfession => AwesomeSkProfession
skGlide => AwesomeSkGlide
skDragon => AwesomeSkDragon

Good morning and a happy April Fools to you all! While I am early in other timezones,I posted this at around half past Midnight and I just couldn't wait a second longer. I've been planning this for a while :emoji_wink:

PS: if you hadn't guessed, this is a joke and not an actual rule. We're not becoming the official Skript forums but this rule doesn't exist lol