MYSTERY: MundoSK’s retrieve skin

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatoFrango

Jul 12, 2017
Hi,

I’m having an issue regarding MundoSK’s retrieve skin from url feature. I have the following code:
Code:
on join:
    set {_skin} to retrieved skin from url “myurl.png”
    set displayed skin of player to {_skin}
Now the problem is, I’ve tested it with many skins but only one seems to actually apply to the player. When I try other skins, though, something very interesting happens: I log on with a completely random skin. First time this happened I logged on with a shrek skin lol.
This has been driving me insane as I’ve already tried EVERYTHING: reuploading the skins multiple times, changing the website that I upload them to, and only that one skin seems to ever work. I looked more into it and I found out that MundoSK uses the Mineskin API to generate skin signatures. Out of curiosity, I went on Mineskin’s website and opened the “Gallery” section, and thats when I realized ALL those random skins that I was getting, including the Shrek one, are coming from Mineskin’s gallery! Why I don’t know, and that’s exactly the mystery here. So in conclusion:

Only one of the skins I tried using actually gets applied to the player. When I try with any other of my skins, it just seems to return a random skin from Mineskin’s gallery. Does anyone have any idea why this might be and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: So I just found out that this is actually a problem on MineSkin's side, and created a new issue about it on GitHub https://github.com/MineSkin/api.mineskin.org/issues/157
EDIT 2: It's actually on Mojang's side

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.