Multiple addons in one (with a good idea how to solve the old syntax fight)

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

roei_IL

Mar 4, 2017
Soooo.
I remeber i once posted a post about an addon that contains all the addon's features and the respound i got was no because the developers that has the same features on their addons will fight about which syntax is supirior and i got the idea to auctually make it like c#

When u want to use an addon or a part of it u could use

On skript load:
Load addon "%addon%"
#or
Load method "%addon%.%syntax%"

It's not just conflicting syntax, have fun getting some developers to actually learn how to use version control or follow a style guide. The addon developer community has developers of such a wide range of experience levels, you can't expect them to form a single productive unit.

Plus, if every addon merged into a single addon, there would be no point to having addons at that point. Just merge the features into Skript directly. Addons exist because not everyone needs every feature. Scripters are free to pick and choose which addons best suit their needs.