News Launch of the Resource Staff role on skUnity

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

BaeFell

I'm Poppy
Staff member
Admin
skUnity Legend
Nov 27, 2016
discord.gg
Discord Username
BaeFell
Thank you to everyone that applied - the Resource Staff Team is now full. I'll be sure to contact people that have applied but didn't get through if I need more people.

Thanks again!

Hi everyone,

After talking to many different members across skUnity - a common piece of feedback was that resources don't seem as moderated as they should be and that the docs contain outdated or uninformative data. Well today, I'm happy to announce the launch of the Resource Staff role. This role can be applied for and will be a requirement for when applying for Moderator when that role becomes available.

The Resource Staff role is a content reviewer role and to aid Moderators and Administrators by ensuring content is acceptable to skUnity's standards as well as maintaining the information on the docs. Resource Staff won't have any moderation powers such as banning, locking threads, deleting content or other forum permissions.

If you're interested in becoming part of the Resource Staff Team, here are some of the things you'll be doing:
  • Approving and denying resources submitted to skUnity Forums (Premium Resources will be moderated by Moderator/Administrator for the time being)
  • Approving and denying new addons submitted on the docs
  • Managing newly created elements on the docs
  • Reviewing current resources to ensure they reach skUnity Resource Standards - as we are aware some resources do not
  • Utilising a newly created moderation tool on the docs to review all elements submitted to the docs. Updating or removing them where necessary.
  • Helping users across skUnity with managing their resources and content on the docs

By becoming Resource Staff, you'll get a fancy rank on the Discord (which I'm yet to decide on), a fancy rank on the forums including a snazzy banner and that fuzzy feeling of helping skUnity!

If you'd like to become part of the Resource Staff Team then please PM me following this template:

Why would you like to be Resource Staff?

What motivated you to apply for Resource Staff?

How much time are you able to commit to skUnity?

Are you able to do a majority of things listed above?

Do you have a solid internet connection to which you can download resources?

What's your understanding of Skript and Java? Are you able to decompile a plugin?

—————————————————————————————————————

I do understand that your work on skUnity is going to be given to us for free. I however, do expect some effort and a specific minimum amount of work to be done in order to keep the role.

If you have any comments, questions or feedback - please let me know.

Thanks,
BaeFell​

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan and Snow-Pyon