News Launch of Premium Resources!

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

BaeFell

I'm Poppy
Staff member
Admin
skUnity Legend
Nov 27, 2016
discord.gg
Discord Username
BaeFell
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce the launch of skUnity Premium Resources! This means you can create resources and set a price for them. This allows for everyone to get a little back for their work.

Premium Resources must be of a higher standard than a free resource. These resources will be heavily moderated and vetted to prevent lower quality content. Abuse of the Premium Resources system we have in place will result in your access being revoked.

We've setup specific categories for Premium Resources - these include:
  • Premium Resources
    • Addons
    • Scripts
    • Other
The sub-category names are self explanatory, so I won't be going over them. To post a Premium Resource - just click on the category that exists already. So you wanna post a Premium Script, click "Scripts" on the resources page and then the Premium option will appear.

To help control the quality and prevent abuse of the feature, to have your Premium Resource approved you must:
  • Have at least 1 free resource
  • Be a member on the forums for over 30 days
We have set the minimum resource price to $2.50, below this value, just doesn't make it worthwhile because of PayPal fees. If you think this should not be set, make a good case to me and we can talk about it.

There is a 5% processing fee placed by skUnity - this is to help recuperate the cost of the addon required to have this feature as our donation money pot is dwindling. This processing fee will be present until we have received a total of $40. This amount covers the cost of the Premium Resources addon and another addon which is essential for the forums. Help get this limit removed quicker by donating through the "Target..." user upgrades. Anyone that helps reach the target will receive a fancy badge of their choice!

If you have any comments, questions, feedback or whatever else - do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
BaeFell

Just why... i don't like premium Resource, Skript should be free. We should be happy, that skript Java its free. And now we are selling scripts for Money? Bruh...

Just why... i don't like premium Resource, Skript should be free. We should be happy, that skript Java its free. And now we are selling scripts for Money? Bruh...
Premium Resources allow content creators to be rewarded for their work and helps generate a small amount of income for skUnity.

Even though i don't like the idea of premium scripts, this sounds like a great way for staff to make money for their work on skunity.

Reactions: Ayham Alali
Even though i don't like the idea of premium scripts, this sounds like a great way for staff to make money for their work on skunity.
As staff, we don't gain from the small processing fee for a purchase. All money generated via Premium Resources for skUnity, stays for skUnity. If the amount of sales are at a high point, we may implement a smaller processing fee that would be there to be gifted to staff and contributors for all their efforts.

Not sure, whether somebody knew that I was a long time inactive, but hi, I'm back, and yea, hi :emoji_slight_smile:
RIP if nobody missed me :emoji_frowning:
1 PRAYER = 1 LIKE

I think it's a good idea. Why?
Because:
  • (How I understand the main-post) The staff gets around 5% of the buyer (like I would pay $10, then the staff gets 5% and I would get the 95%.. math, ya know?)
  • The coder/programmer gets "something" back, for his work, and the customers are also happy, with the product, which they bought for a cheap/an expensive price.
  • If you DO NOT WANT PREMIUM RESOURCE, then just never open this section of the forums, or better, just don't buy anything from there, let the staff and the coder/programmer earns something for they hard work, instead of hating them creating the premium resource!
I hope my english was not bad that much, but yeah, that's currently my perspective :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure, whether somebody knew that I was a long time inactive, but hi, I'm back, and yea, hi :emoji_slight_smile:
RIP if nobody missed me :emoji_frowning:
1 PRAYER = 1 LIKE

I think it's a good idea. Why?
Because:

• (How I understand the main-post) The staff gets around 5% of the buyer (like I would pay $10, then the staff gets 5% and I would get the 95%.. math, ya know?)
  • The coder/programmer gets "something" back, for his work, and the customers are also happy, with the product, which they bought for a cheap/an expensive price.
  • If you DO NOT WANT PREMIUM RESOURCE, then just never open this section of the forums, or better, just don't buy anything from there, let the staff and the coder/programmer earns something for they hard work, instead of hating them creating the premium resource!
I hope my english was not bad that much, but yeah, that's currently my perspective :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:
Skript hardcore coding xd