How to optimize a server

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

FabricioSouza

Mar 15, 2018
Does anyone know how it leaves the server optimized, no lag some, no bugging chunks and others.

You should be careful of reaching out 50 plugins on your server, or it'll be laggy for players and you (if your hosting it), So I would suggest using skripts instead of using all of that plugins, + You should have at maximum 30 plugins, for a normal server and no lag. Plus use ClearLagg, it will clear the drops like mobs drops and these things, and boost the ram and CPU a bit.

You should be careful of reaching out 50 plugins on your server, or it'll be laggy for players and you (if your hosting it), So I would suggest using skripts instead of using all of that plugins, + You should have at maximum 30 plugins, for a normal server and no lag. Plus use ClearLagg, it will clear the drops like mobs drops and these things, and boost the ram and CPU a bit.

Provided they are written properly the number of plugins should have little effect on the server. Also, I would strongly advise against rewriting all plugins in Skript since a well optimised plugin will always perform better than even the most optimised script. As well as that, ClearLagg should only be used if the number of entities is actually a problem since it can be frustrating for players, and so if that is a problem it's still a better idea to just reduce the maximum age of items, making it more consistent and predicatable for players.

@FabricioSouza there is no one way to reduce lag on a server, the cause of lag will always vary from server to server and so without a timing report we can only give you general rules to reduce lag

Reactions: ShaneBee
Provided they are written properly the number of plugins should have little effect on the server. Also, I would strongly advise against rewriting all plugins in Skript since a well optimised plugin will always perform better than even the most optimised script. As well as that, ClearLagg should only be used if the number of entities is actually a problem since it can be frustrating for players, and so if that is a problem it's still a better idea to just reduce the maximum age of items, making it more consistent and predicatable for players.

@FabricioSouza there is no one way to reduce lag on a server, the cause of lag will always vary from server to server and so without a timing report we can only give you general rules to reduce lag
I agree