Official How-To: Get Help Faster!

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

itismejoey

Retired Staff
VIP
Nov 28, 2016
So the new forums have been out for about a week now and i've seen a lot of people desperately trying to get help, but doing it all the wrong ways. I wanted to make a how-to post that will hopefully get you guys help faster. Just a note, it will take work on your part.

There are several tools that you can use to get your issue solved, before you even create a thread:
Before making a thread you should put in the work and try looking for a solution using one of those five tools. I will be the first to say that it is very annoying to go into a help post to find that the solution was just a quick search away in the docs.

Say you've tried everything above and you are still having an issue. Now is the time to make a help thread. Here's what you need to know when making a new thread:
  • Threads MUST use the Help Request Layout
  • You MUST use formatting
  • Use a descriptive thread title (not "help plss")
  • Wait for a response. Do not bump threads under 24 hours
Once you get the help you need, be sure to mark the reply that gave you your solution as the "Best Answer". This will automatically mark the thread as "Solved". If you happened to solve the issue yourself, be sure to give the solution and then mark your reply as the "Best Answer".

Please note, any threads that are created not using the Help Request Layout or proper formatting may be locked, hidden or removed all together.

If anyone else has any other tips for getting help, please list them as a reply (i'm sure I missed some).