How do i make a fortnite-like building system

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Yushaa

Oct 19, 2023
How do i make a fortnite-like building system that when i right click oak slabs or oak planks it spawns a 3x3 platform of the block i am holding
i need to explain more indepth
Like if i am holding an oak plank with the name &6Wall and i right click,it spawns a 3x3 wall of oakplanks wherever my cursor is pointed at
and if i am holding an oak slab with the name &6Floor and i right click it spawns a 3x3 floor wherever my cursor is pointed at
Discord for more
lunetivfx

As I understand you would like to have some indication of what you are placing. I would do that with particles. The actual placing would just use block at location
Making a complete building system is not to hard but I just wouldnt recommend it for a beginner.
you would just need to get what way the player is looking and making the x and z adjustments with that in mind

Creating a building system like Fortnite's can be a fun challenge! To start, you'll need a game engine like Unity or Unreal Engine. These engines provide tools for building and scripting. For the building mechanics, you'll want to use a grid-based system for snapping pieces together. Consider using raycasting to detect where the player wants to place a building piece. For the actual building pieces, you'll need 3D models and textures. You can find free or paid assets online play games for cash. Finally, for multiplayer, you'll need to implement networking to sync building actions between players. It's a complex process, but with dedication and learning, you can create a game with a similar building system to Fortnite.

Last edited:
you wwould need to make a tool where it would like set a 3x3 variable locationor something