Hologram on Pumpkin (Any Item) | 3 Questions

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneElf

Apr 30, 2017
Hello! So, I have a new question. That question is: How do I create a hologram on a pumpkin, but create a hologram so that I can edit it's text? To add to that, after I create one using skript (not running a console command), how would I edit the hologram's text with skript, again, not running a console command? I need this to work because I have started making a fun halloween event twist to my KitPvP which requires a hologram to be over a pumpkin. The last one is, how would I differ each pumpkin's hologram from each other? For example, I want it to be whenever you place a pumpkin, the hologram will be instantly created, no commands or work needed. But, if I were to write in skript: make hologram named "pumpkin", it will already be in use if I destroyed that one or made a new one.

Note: I decided to make all of these 3 questions in one thread as they all have to do with holograms.

Questions:
1. Create hologram at location that can be edited (all without a console command.)
2. Edit an already created hologram (all without a console command.)
3. How to differ each hologram from each other (better explained in the paragraph above.)

Thanks!

Best of Luck,
@LoneElf

1. Spawn armor stands and set the name of the stand to edit it
2. Edit the name via uuid of the armor stand
3. UUID

I can't edit armour stands to be invisible though because SkStuff is screwed up, and that contains the NBT editing feature. Is there a work around to make an invisible armour stand that doesn't require an NBT editor?

Thanks for the reply!

Since you said "without a console command," you're out of luck. SkStuff is the only way to summon armor stands with NBT. Maybe provide why SkStuff messes up?

EDIT: Maybe SkMirror can do something like this?

Oh. I am really bad with skMirror as I don't code Java, but I also think it is possible with it. If someone could provide help, that would be great.

The SkStuff stops all skripts, so I can not use it at all.

Thanks guys!

Oh. I am really bad with skMirror as I don't code Java, but I also think it is possible with it. If someone could provide help, that would be great.

The SkStuff stops all skripts, so I can not use it at all.

Thanks guys!
Of course skript-mirror can do it. You don't need to know Java to use it, check the ArmorStand javadoc

Of course skript-mirror can do it. You don't need to know Java to use it, check the ArmorStand javadoc
"You don't need to know Java to use it"
"check the ArmorStand javadoc"

Anyways couldn't this be done with skrayfall's holograms?

Reactions: Tinkot
Lmao. I love how he said you don't need to know Java as he told be to go to the Java docs. ;P

Yeah. That was essentially what I was looking for; actually creating a hologram with the holographic displays plugin, but without running a command, but instead using something like SkRayFall to do this. I had trouble with that and I needed a way that didn't have a time limit, and could be created and edited without a command. Now, this is annoying because with that method, how would I define each hologram differently so that I can edit a certain hologram with an event? UUID I am assuming? Like:

on block place: if event-block is a 86: create hologram named pumpkin.%uuid of event-block%

on block destroy: if event-block is a 86: edit hologram pumpkin.%uuid of event-block% to be &c&lLOOTED

Would it be something like that?

"You don't need to know Java to use it"
"check the ArmorStand javadoc"

Anyways couldn't this be done with skrayfall's holograms?

Lmao. I love how he said you don't need to know Java as he told be to go to the Java docs. ;P

Yeah. That was essentially what I was looking for; actually creating a hologram with the holographic displays plugin, but without running a command, but instead using something like SkRayFall to do this. I had trouble with that and I needed a way that didn't have a time limit, and could be created and edited without a command. Now, this is annoying because with that method, how would I define each hologram differently so that I can edit a certain hologram with an event? UUID I am assuming? Like:

on block place: if event-block is a 86: create hologram named pumpkin.%uuid of event-block%

on block destroy: if event-block is a 86: edit hologram pumpkin.%uuid of event-block% to be &c&lLOOTED

Would it be something like that?

So? Just because it has Java in the name doesn't mean you need to know Java to nagivate them. Do you need to be a car repairman to read a repair manual?

So? Just because it has Java in the name doesn't mean you need to know Java to nagivate them. Do you need to be a car repairman to read a repair manual?
No one said you had to be a java developer, but in order to use java style syntax with skript-mirror, well you have to know java syntax. By using the javadocs your learning (if just a minimal amount) of java.

So at the end of the day do you need to be professionally trained in java with a degree from harvard? No. But you gotta fricken know java to use java

@Donut, I couldn't have said it better. And @Pikachu, to your question, my answer is: No, you don't need to be a car repairman to read a repair manual, but you need to know how a car works to repair it. If my car is broken, I don't fix it myself as I don't know how. Even if I read a little bit of the java docs, it won't lead me to repairing my whole car. If I want to apply a wheel to my car, reading just how to fit it in won't do it. I have to know what bolts to use, where to place it, etc. That goes for coding as well. If I want to make an armor stand invisible, reading the java doc on the armor stand doesn't solve my issue with the syntax being wrong, nor does it explain to me what goes before and after all of that. Next time, @Pikachu, stop replying if your replies are going to be useless, or cause friction like this. Instead of saying, "Of course skript-mirror can do it. You don't need to know Java to use it, check the ArmorStand javadoc," how about leave out the, "Of course skript-mirror can do it" so that you don't make us feel like idiots, and tell me how to do what I want instead of demanding me to check the java docs if I want to figure it out.

I apologize for this, but I feel like I had a reason. If we could stop this pointless argument, that would be great.

Again, if someone could give me a small bit of code that is in skript-mirror format, that would be great!

OR

If someone could provide me with the solution using SkRayFall for the hologram, that would be just as great!

Thanks guys!
Best of Luck,
- @LoneElf

No one said you had to be a java developer, but in order to use java style syntax with skript-mirror, well you have to know java syntax. By using the javadocs your learning (if just a minimal amount) of java.

So at the end of the day do you need to be professionally trained in java with a degree from harvard? No. But you gotta fricken know java to use java
Not true, skript-mirror's wiki has all you need to accomplish basic tasks
[doublepost=1506486926,1506484145][/doublepost]
@Donut, I couldn't have said it better. And @Pikachu, to your question, my answer is: No, you don't need to be a car repairman to read a repair manual, but you need to know how a car works to repair it. If my car is broken, I don't fix it myself as I don't know how. Even if I read a little bit of the java docs, it won't lead me to repairing my whole car. If I want to apply a wheel to my car, reading just how to fit it in won't do it. I have to know what bolts to use, where to place it, etc. That goes for coding as well. If I want to make an armor stand invisible, reading the java doc on the armor stand doesn't solve my issue with the syntax being wrong, nor does it explain to me what goes before and after all of that. Next time, @Pikachu, stop replying if your replies are going to be useless, or cause friction like this. Instead of saying, "Of course skript-mirror can do it. You don't need to know Java to use it, check the ArmorStand javadoc," how about leave out the, "Of course skript-mirror can do it" so that you don't make us feel like idiots, and tell me how to do what I want instead of demanding me to check the java docs if I want to figure it out.

I apologize for this, but I feel like I had a reason. If we could stop this pointless argument, that would be great.

Again, if someone could give me a small bit of code that is in skript-mirror format, that would be great!

OR

If someone could provide me with the solution using SkRayFall for the hologram, that would be just as great!

Thanks guys!
Best of Luck,
- @LoneElf

>you need to know how a car works to repair it.

Unless you have a manual

>Even if I read a little bit of the java docs, it won't lead me to repairing my whole car.

Good thing that you don't need to repair your whole car

>If I want to apply a wheel to my car, reading just how to fit it in won't do it

Then it's a shitty manual

>If I want to make an armor stand invisible, reading the java doc on the armor stand doesn't solve my issue with the syntax being wrong, nor does it explain to me what goes before and after all of that.

Well it does help you with that, I should have mentioned skript-mirror has a nice wiki with examples, syntax and explanations of some terms

>stop replying if your replies are going to be useless

Right on, i'll make sure not to give you solutions in the future

>tell me how to do what I want instead of demanding me to check the java docs if I want to figure it out

Fuck me for making you want to learn a little bit, right? The javadocs *do* tell you how to do what you want to do. I learned how to use skript-mirror just from reading the wiki, testing stuff and reading javadoc. How come it's too much to ask for you to do a little bit of that?

Now onto your actual issue, I think you'll be able to figure it out through the skript-mirror wiki linked above and the ArmorStand javadoc. If you have issues figuring out how the shit on the wiki works, you can use String's javadoc (String is used in some of the examples on the wiki) and compare to see how to call a method.

Not true, skript-mirror's wiki has all you need to accomplish basic tasks
I'm sure basic tasks can be accomplished with just the skript-mirror wiki but I was talking more in reference to this post in particular where you specifically told him to use the javadocs.

I absolutely agree that he's completely capable of using the javadocs and figuring it out on his own without much difficulty, but I'm just saying that you can't say he doesn't need to know java (even if it's just a miniscual amount) when you literally tell him to go look at java classes, methods, and syntax.

Thanks @Donut. And @Pikachu, just shut the hell up man. Stop going on rants and getting angry here. Nobody likes it when there is someone a part of a thread like you. And sure, if you don't want to help me, then damn leave skUnity as this is where we get help, not start arguments. And I don't have much time to learn Java or whatever I need to learn as I have much other things that I put in front of my gaming, but don't worry as you, @Pikachu, most likely don't.

If someone could just please help me out here, I would much appreciate that as I don't have a lot of time to learn it myself.

Best of Luck,
- @LoneElf

Everyone relax. I agree with Pika that it's really not hard to learn what's needed to use skript-mirror but if that's not an option then it's just not. We can't force you to (though I encourage you to figure it out one day when you have time, skript-mirror is life changing and my only regret is that I didn't get to write my whole server using it).

Could you send the error you're getting with SkStuff that stops you from using it? It'd probably be simpler than using SkRayFall holograms since (last I remembered) they require a hologram plugin to work. Also SkStuff is awesome and you should be able to use it.

Thanks @Donut. And @Pikachu, just shut the hell up man. Stop going on rants and getting angry here. Nobody likes it when there is someone a part of a thread like you. And sure, if you don't want to help me, then damn leave skUnity as this is where we get help, not start arguments. And I don't have much time to learn Java or whatever I need to learn as I have much other things that I put in front of my gaming, but don't worry as you, @Pikachu, most likely don't.

If someone could just please help me out here, I would much appreciate that as I don't have a lot of time to learn it myself.

Best of Luck,
- @LoneElf
Nobody is asking you to learn Java, just to take 5-10 minutes reading some documentation.

Thanks @Mr_Simba! I apologize for all of this. @Pikachu, provide me with what you think I should read and if I can't do it on my own in 5-10 minutes, I don't want to waste my time learning it.

My Apologies,
- @LoneElf

Thanks @Mr_Simba! I apologize for all of this. @Pikachu, provide me with what you think I should read and if I can't do it on my own in 5-10 minutes, I don't want to waste my time learning it.

My Apologies,
- @LoneElf
I did in my previous comment, I sent the skript-mirror wiki, the ArmorStand javadoc and the String javadoc to help you understand the examples on the wiki

if your not willing to learn, most aren't willing to help why waste our time spoon feeding you solutions
not to mention this is skript help > spoon feed section is skript requests

Best of Luck,
- @Epicskymi

@Epicskymi, I am willing to learn, it is just I don't have the time as of right now. And if they don't want to help me through Skript-Mirror, then they can help me through SkRayFall or any other addon. Please read the whole thread before commenting.

I also stated that I will try my best to learn the bare basics when I have time, so I asked @Pikachu for the help, and he provided me with it. Thanks, by the way, @Pikachu!

I appreciate all replies that are to help out instead of cause havoc.

Thanks Everyone,
- @LoneElf

Status
Not open for further replies.