[Feedback Requested] Docs data updates

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

BaeFell

I'm Poppy
Staff member
Admin
skUnity Legend
Nov 27, 2016
discord.gg
Discord Username
BaeFell
Hi everyone,

An idea proposed by @Nicofisi is to update the docs data. Things such as the titles, descriptions, examples and declaring syntax/addons as deprecated.

I have always said no to modifying the docs data as it's user submitted and is controlled by the addon developer, however, Nicofisi made a good case about how searching is affected by titles being different formats depending on the addon. Because of this - I am asking for feedback from the community at what point it is acceptable for us as staff to get involved with the docs data and edit it.

All feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
BaeFell

It is always acceptable for staff to edit doc elements for the benefit of the docs. I don't see why it wouldn't be.

It is always acceptable for staff to edit doc elements for the benefit of the docs. I don't see why it wouldn't be.
I have always thought of it better to suggest to the addon developer to do something than force it upon them.

I have always thought of it better to suggest to the addon developer to do something than force it upon them.
maybe this was a good idea in the past, but in modern skript times where half the addons on the docs are abandoned it just doesn't work anymore. In addition, I couldn't name a single addon dev who wouldn't be happy if someone improved their docs.

maybe this was a good idea in the past, but in modern skript times where half the addons on the docs are abandoned it just doesn't work anymore. In addition, I couldn't name a single addon dev who wouldn't be happy if someone improved their docs.
That's what my recent thoughts have been. I've realised a lot of content on the docs is extremely outdated or just not at a good standard. Documenting Skript addons has always been a boring thing to do as I remember doing it myself when skUnity first launched. I do believe this might be a good change to employ.

Reactions: Nicofisi