Essentials displayname expression not working? / Displayname expressions?

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuila

Mar 20, 2020
Here's my skript:

Code:
command /joinmessage [<text>]:
  permission: joinmessage.set
  trigger:
    set {joinmessage} to arg-1

on join:
  if {joinmessage} is set:
    set join message to "%player's display name% %{essentials nickname}% %name of player% %{joinmessage}%"
  else:
    set join message to "%player% has joined the server"

on quit:
    set leave message to "&f[&c-&f] &e%player's displayname% &ehas left the server"

(I did 3 different versions of displayname expressions as a test). Basically, what I want is a custom join/leave message that players are able to modify ingame. However, when they join, I want their displayname to be visible, not their IGN. For example, take this screenshot--

upload_2020-3-19_19-37-36.png

Tuila is my Minecraft username. When I try to run %{essentials nickname}% / %{essentials_nickname}%, it doesn't work and replaces it with <none>. All other plugins display my nickname properly (in tab and in chat), I'm unsure why it won't let me use the displayname expression in this instance.

upload_2020-3-19_19-42-58.png

[ShadowClan] is the prefix, Hawkstrike is the nickname. I'm also using Ersatz.

Any help is appreciated, but please keep in mind I want "Hawkstrike" (my nickname) to be visible in the join message, not "tuila" (my IGN/username). Thanks in advance!
[doublepost=1584681991,1584672290][/doublepost]So it seems the problem stems from the server not acknowledging the Essentials nickname until a message is posted in the chat. The plugins I'm using are Coreprotect, Luckperms, Worldedit, Skript (obviously), Placeholderapi, Nametagedit, Worldguard, Protocollib, Libsdisguises, Vault, Serverlistplus, Essentials, Holographicdisplays, Advancedabilities, Citizens, skRayFall, Quests, Essentialsprotect, Essentialsantibuild, Essentialsspawn, Disease, Towny, Townychat and Deluxechat, if any of these affect this.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-19_19-35-9.png
    upload_2020-3-19_19-35-9.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 163
Here's my skript:

Code:
  trigger:

on join:
  if {joinmessage} is set:
    set join message to "%player's display name% %{essentials nickname}% %name of player% %{joinmessage}%"
  else:

on quit:

(I did 3 different versions of displayname expressions as a test). Basically, what I want is a custom join/leave message that players are able to modify ingame. However, when they join, I want their displayname to be visible, not their IGN. For example, take this screenshot--

View attachment 4395

Tuila is my Minecraft username. When I try to run %{essentials nickname}% / %{essentials_nickname}%, it doesn't work and replaces it with <none>. All other plugins display my nickname properly (in tab and in chat), I'm unsure why it won't let me use the displayname expression in this instance.

View attachment 4396

Any help is appreciated, but please keep in mind I want "Hawkstrike" (my nickname) to be visible in the join message, not "tuila" (my IGN/username). Thanks in advance!
[doublepost=1584681991,1584672290][/doublepost]So it seems the problem stems from the server not acknowledging the Essentials nickname until a message is posted in the chat. The plugins I'm using are Coreprotect, Luckperms, Worldedit, Skript (obviously), Placeholderapi, Nametagedit, Worldguard, Protocollib, Libsdisguises, Vault, Serverlistplus, Essentials, Holographicdisplays, Advancedabilities, Citizens, skRayFall, Quests, Essentialsprotect, Essentialsantibuild, Essentialsspawn, Disease, Towny, Townychat and Deluxechat, if any of these affect this.
Here's my skript:

Code:
  trigger:

on join:
  if {joinmessage} is set:
  else:

on quit:

View attachment 4395

View attachment 4396

Try %essentials nickname% instead of %{essentials nickname}%
[doublepost=1584721120][/doublepost]
Try %essentials nickname% instead of %{essentials nickname}%
%{essentials nickname}% is not an expression thats why you have to remove the {}

It seems like the problem is either the chat plugin or Essentials. No matter what I use ("displayname of player", "%essentials nickname%", etc) it doesn't work. I'm using DeluxeChat, anyone know if there's any way to work around this? I have an idea, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.