Solved Dropping dyed leather armor

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexivoid

Oct 22, 2017
Solution: Upgrade Skript. Dying leather armor isn't supported for any 1.8 fork of Skript.

Skript Version: 2.2-dev20
Minecraft Version: 1.8.9

I'm currently in the process of trying to have mobs drop custom items on death. I was able to get items to drop (along with being enchanted), but can't find a way to drop colored/dyed leather armor yet. How would I do this? (I would like the drop to be both enchanted and dyed! Thanks!

Current code:
code_language.skript:
on death of a skeleton:
     drop 1 leather helmet of protection 10 and unbreaking 10 named "&4Helmet" with lore "&2Limited Edition" at skeleton

I've tried similar code from this thread: https://forums.skunity.com/threads/coloured-leather-armour-in-chest-guis.2435/

Last edited:
just include "dyed blue" after your enchantments.
drop 1 leather helmet of protection 10 and unbreaking 10 named "&4Helmet" dyed blue with lore "&2Limited Edition" at skeleton

Didn't work :emoji_frowning:
I already checked the documentation for "dyed" expressions with no results.

Capture.PNG

If you don't want to deal with errors regarding items (because they happen A LOT), then use the variable trick.

code_language.skript:
set {_item} to leather helmet
dye {_item} blue

perhaps your version, it's working for me on dev 31
Well, I updated Skript and got a surplus of errors. When I get the chance I'll upgrade/downgrade my core, plugins and addons to see if your suggestion works!
[doublepost=1512957477,1512957438][/doublepost]
If you don't want to deal with errors regarding items (because they happen A LOT), then use the variable trick.

code_language.skript:
set {_item} to leather helmet
dye {_item} blue
The item still drops with your tip, but it's still not dyed :emoji_frowning:

Can you show what you have so far with the variable method?

Can you show what you have so far with the variable method?

Here you go

code_language.skript:
set {_item} to leather helmet of protection 10 and unbreaking 10 named "&4 Helmet" with lore "&2Limited Edition"
dye {_item} red
drop {_item} at skeleton

Well, I updated Skript and got a surplus of errors. When I get the chance I'll upgrade/downgrade my core, plugins and addons to see if your suggestion works!
[doublepost=1512957477,1512957438][/doublepost]
The item still drops with your tip, but it's still not dyed :emoji_frowning:
You'd have to upgrade your MC version along with skript, I suspect. 1.8 doesnt play nicely with the newer versions

You'd have to upgrade your MC version along with skript, I suspect. 1.8 doesnt play nicely with the newer versions
I remember spending a long time on compatibility issues, and found that dev20 is the only version that doesn't interfere with the Spigot versions I tried. Guess I'll try again sometime!
[doublepost=1512961616,1512960547][/doublepost]For a temporary fix, could I do something like this?

code_language.skript:
on pick up:
    event-item is leather helmet:
        dye event-item red

The item won't be dyed on the ground, but in the inventory. Any ideas on how to do this? event-item "can not be modified"!

Status
Not open for further replies.