Script [Deleted] Secret Bookshelf

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneBee

Supporter +
Addon Developer
Sep 7, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
ShaneBolenback submitted a new resource:

Secret Bookshelf - Secret place to hide your stuff

FyHUssV.png
A fun tool, to allow your players to hide items in a secret spot. Players can easily craft a secret bookshelf, place it wherever they need to, and have storage that is unknown to others.

Dependencies:
Skript (Tested on Bensku 2.2 dev34)
SkQuery

Read more about this resource...

It's a good script so far, I'll just point out some bad things I noticed while reviewing this script:
  • Not using list variables; you should never use {this.format} in variables, less if you have something dynamic on it (such as %player%). The preferred format is {script-name::optional-category::%object%::optional-property}, in your case it would be {secretshelf::%player's uuid%}
  • Checking against the event-location in the right click event, this isn't that bad but it could differ from the location you've saved, you're better off comparing it with the event-block's location.

Last edited:
It's a good script so far, I'll just point out some bad things I noticed while reviewing this script:
  • Not using list variables; you should never use {this.format} in variables, less if you have something dynamic on it (such as %player%). The preferred format is {script-name::emoji_astonished:ptional-category::%object%::emoji_astonished:ptional-property}, in your case it would be {secretshelf::%player's uuid%}
  • Checking against the event-location in the right click event, this isn't that bad but it could differ from the location you've saved, you're better off comparing it with the event-block's location.
Thanks snow. I appreciate the feedback and guidance. I’ll definitenly take a look at cleaning it up, and going with your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.