Chunk Biome Changer

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

BrownMee

Apr 16, 2018
Not sure if this is possible.
I'm trying to figure out the code to transform the player-location chunk to other biome.

Im not sure of an effective way to do this, but you could loop the blocks in the chunk of the player, using the same y level, set the biome at the loop-block to whatever biome you want

code_language.skript:
command /testing:
    trigger:
        loop blocks in radius 10 around player:
            if loop-block is sand or sandstone:
                stop
            else:
                if loop-block is grass:
                    set {_region} to cuboid from player to loop-block
                    change biome of {_region} to "ICE_FLATS"

I tested this it work but it lags sooo damn bad. Any idea that don't lags this much?

code_language.skript:
command /testing:
    trigger:
        loop blocks in radius 10 around player:
            if loop-block is sand or sandstone:
                stop
            else:
                if loop-block is grass:
                    set {_region} to cuboid from player to loop-block
                    change biome of {_region} to "ICE_FLATS"

I tested this it work but it lags sooo damn bad. Any idea that don't lags this much?
Expanding on what brett said, even doing so, you are creating a cuboid for EACH grass block, and changing the biome of that cuboid, without any wait in between. Lets say you are standing in an area that is all grass, radius of 10 around player equals 10 x 2 + 1 (the block the player is standing at I'm assuming is not included in the radius) so thats a 21 x 21 area, equaling 441 grass blocks, which equals 441 times that loop will run, create a cuboid and change the biome of it, all within a fraction of a second... so yeah, you will get a TON of lag for sure!

I haven't fiddled with biome stuff in skript before, but maybe try something like, change biome of chunk at player to ... (not sure if that is how that works or not)

Expanding on what brett said, even doing so, you are creating a cuboid for EACH grass block, and changing the biome of that cuboid, without any wait in between. Lets say you are standing in an area that is all grass, radius of 10 around player equals 10 x 2 + 1 (the block the player is standing at I'm assuming is not included in the radius) so thats a 21 x 21 area, equaling 441 grass blocks, which equals 441 times that loop will run, create a cuboid and change the biome of it, all within a fraction of a second... so yeah, you will get a TON of lag for sure!

I haven't fiddled with biome stuff in skript before, but maybe try something like, change biome of chunk at player to ... (not sure if that is how that works or not)
I can't figure out the code that setting the chunk biome. ><