Block drops

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

helomi

Feb 9, 2017
Hi, exist something like this?

Code:
on mine DiamondBlock:
   If victim has the permission "somepermission":
       drop 1 Diamond (10% change)
       cancel drop default item

Listen to the on mine event, check if the event-block was a diamond block, check if the event-player has the permission "somepermission" with the has permission condition, cancel the event and set the event-block to air then use the chance condition with a 10% of probability and use the drop effect to drop 1 diamond.

As you can see, it's possible; don't be lazy and do more research before ask on the forums, learn Skript isn't hard.

You can try something like this
code_language.skript:
on mine of diamond block:
       if event-player has permission "somepermission":
              chance of 10%:
                     cancel event
                     drop 1 diamond
I think that's what you're looking for

You can try something like this
code_language.skript:
on mine of diamond block:
       if event-player has permission "somepermission":
              chance of 10%:
                     cancel event
                     drop 1 diamond
I think that's what you're looking for
I clearly explained in the above post how do it, spoon feeding him will not be useful such as he will not learn anything.

I clearly explained in the above post how do it, spoon feeding him will not be useful such as he will not learn anything.
Providing information that he can barely understand wont help him either. I don't believe it's your place to dictate on how he chooses to learn. You provided your advice, I provided my possible solution.

Providing information that he can barely understand wont help him either. I don't believe it's your place to dictate on how he chooses to learn. You provided your advice, I provided my possible solution.
Barely understandable? I provided link from the docs that the most, if not all, have examples of how to use them correctly explaining step by step how do it. If he doesn't understand that then he shouldn't learn Skript but how to use a wonderful tool called logic. What you provided isn't a solution, it's just something that he can copy and paste then ask if it has errors; been helping people on this community from a so long time ago, I know how force the people to use their minds and not let them create a post every 5 minutes because they can't do anything by themselves.

I know that you're trying to help and that's good, but believe me that spoon feed someone is not the way to go, learn from code is a good way to learn, but if you can't think by yourself then how you would learn? This thread wouldn't even exist if the OP researched more.

Barely understandable? I provided link from the docs that the most, if not all, have examples of how to use them correctly explaining step by step how do it. If he doesn't understand that then he shouldn't learn Skript but how to use a wonderful tool called logic. What you provided isn't a solution, it's just something that he can copy and paste then ask if it has errors; been helping people on this community from a so long time ago, I know how force the people to use their minds and not let them create a post every 5 minutes because they can't do anything by themselves.

I know that you're trying to help and that's good, but believe me that spoon feed someone is not the way to go, learn from code is a good way to learn, but if you can't think by yourself then how you would learn? This thread wouldn't even exist if the OP researched more.
Ironic how you believe he should use logic. By the way he wrote thread, you can tell he doesn't speak English very well. So by providing him a chunk of text that he's going to stare at blankly due to a language barrier, you are only going to confuse him more.

"Spoon feeding" someone does help. Just because it doesn't apply to you, doesn't mean it doesn't apply to others. Some people learn through examples than reading chunks of text. You have no authority to tell someone that they shouldn't learn Skript because they find it difficult. Just because it's easy to you, does not mean it's easy for everyone.

In addition, he did think. He attempted it, but stumbled on the last portion. By simply providing him the correct way to do it then maybe he has learned more than trying to understand a foreign language.

Ironic how you believe he should use logic. By the way he wrote thread, you can tell he doesn't speak English very well. So by providing him a chunk of text that he's going to stare at blankly due to a language barrier, you are only going to confuse him more.

"Spoon feeding" someone does help. Just because it doesn't apply to you, doesn't mean it doesn't apply to others. Some people learn through examples than reading chunks of text. You have no authority to tell someone that they shouldn't learn Skript because they find it difficult. Just because it's easy to you, does not mean it's easy for everyone.

In addition, he did think. He attempted it, but stumbled on the last portion. By simply providing him the correct way to do it then maybe he has learned more than trying to understand a foreign language.
Not know English isn't an excuse, how would you try use an English based scripting plugin, asking help on an English speaking community? Evenly it being an English based script plugin there are other communities about Skript for different languages (there are French, Polish, Spanish, German and other Skript related communities that I don't know about). Translator are a thing, evenly if the most part of them aren't that good, you may get what I'm trying to tell you. Spanish, my native language and where I live there are no good English classes, or at least I didn't found one, tried hard to have an understandable English, using the Google Translator every time with an ultra basic English knowledge, I was able to learn English, and I'm still learning such as I have a lot of grammar errors sometimes.

And I didn't say that spoon feeding doesn't help but in this kind of cases, it's just useless. There are two type of persons, who can learn from code and who just want the code.

What's ironic from me asking people to use the logic also? Not the first time I'm doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not know English isn't an excuse, how would you try use an English based scripting plugin, asking help on an English speaking community? Evenly it being an English based script plugin there are other communities about Skript for different languages (there are French, Polish, Spanish, German and other Skript related communities that I don't know about). Translator are a thing, evenly if the most part of them aren't that good, you may get what I'm trying to tell you.

What's ironic from me asking people to use the logic also? Not the first time I'm doing it.
Gee, I wonder why so many other foreigners come on here asking for help then? It's ironic that you told him to use logic when you couldn't use it. Anyways, I'm done with this conversation. You can't control the way people learn or the way they provide aid.

Gee, I wonder why so many other foreigners come on here asking for help then? It's ironic that you told him to use logic when you couldn't use it. Anyways, I'm done with this conversation. You can't control the way people learn or the way they provide aid.
Because the most logical thing to do would be ask in an English community when you're talking about an English related plugin that he surely downloaded from Bukkit or other English page. He will not know instantly that there are other communities, it's a new world for some people. But still with some research...

And of course I can't control the way the people learn, but there are many ways to do the same thing; I discussed with you about this because from my experience, spoon feed the people isn't the best way to let them learn, not when you are talking about Skript at least (and programming in general probably) and I wanted you to know why.

@Snow-Pyon Skript is most defiantly not an English orientated/related plugin - However have to give a point to you as there is a subsitute Skript forums for most other languagez, but then remove 0.5 points as SkUnity is first to appear in Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.