Solved A Question (or 2) About Console Commands

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooleeo

Apr 18, 2018
Hey,
I've got quite a few Skripts that execute vanilla console commands (/playsound, /effect) when players perform certain actions on my server, such as right-clicking a held item. The only problem I have is that all of these commands are inputted into the console log and into chat as I am OP.

Is there anyway I can block them from coming up in the log and in chat? or even an alternative to /playsound?

This is what I have to play sounds to a player as an effect. Is there another way to do this?
code_language.skript:
                    execute console command "/execute %player% ~ ~ ~ /playsound minecraft:block.fire.extinguish player %player% ~ ~ ~ 1 2"

I do get it, I've used the play sound method shown in the effects section before:
code_language.skript:
                    play sound block.fire.extinguish to %player%
But it says that Skript can't understand the condition/effect, which is why i've been using the console command as an alternative.

i've obviously inputted something incorrectly, so that's why i've come to the forum

How about this?
code_language.skript:
play sound "block.fire.extinguish" to player
Still says it can't be understood. I'm sure that's the right format
Here's my full code, if that helps:
code_language.skript:
# Electro Chain
command /electrospell:
          permission: kit.spell.electro
          trigger:
                    set {elec} to difference between {elec.%player%} and now
                    if {elec} is less than 1 seconds:
                              stop
                    execute console command "/castp %player% chainlightning cooldown_reduction 1"
                    play sound "block.fire.extinguish" to player
                    set {elec.%player%} to now

Reactions: DieHollander_
Still no. This has got me stumped. Thanks for your help
[doublepost=1524139326,1524138559][/doublepost]
Turns out I didn't get it. I feel stupid... I didn't realise i required the skRayFall plugin (skript noob). Thanks for the help DieHollander_
actually, sounds are in vanilla now. Check bensku's docs for the syntax and make sure you're using the latest ver of skript

Status
Not open for further replies.