- bensku (Skript maintainer/developer), FranKusmiruk (Skript developer), ShaneBee (Skript developer), WealthyTurtle (Skript developer), Pikachu920 (Skript developer), Nicofisi (Skript developer), TheBentoBox (issue tracker manager, aliases developer), BaeFell (issues tracker, project helper)
- Skript = the plugin itself (Skript.jar)
- Script = a script file (script.sk)
IntroductionSkript is a plugin that allows you to customise Minecraft's mechanics utilising simple scripts written in plain English sentences. Easily create complex and powerful commands, triggers that execute effects under certain conditions, and scripts that just run periodically - all without having to know even the slightest bit about programming! An intuitive language makes Skript easy to pick up.
To see how easy Skript is to use, take a look at the GitHub repo examples. These scripts are installed with Skript and can help you customise your Minecraft server straight away.
BackgroundOriginally released in 2011 on DBO by Njol, Skript has always been about inclusive programming. An easy to use language which lets everyone easily create unique features for their Minecraft server without any Java knowledge. Since Njol's departure from the Skript community, the Skript plugin now lives at the Github SkriptLang/Skript and is completely community made. Over 2,000 commits and continued development has made Skript a very powerful plugin for any server owner.
Unlike other script plugins, Skript's syntax system is easy to understand and follow. The focus is on simple English sentences that can be written and read by anyone. No odd syntax patterns, line breaks or crazy setups. Just English!
Development Update and CommitmentNotice Regarding Update Delay
Acknowledging the extended timeline for this update, we are committed to refining our development cycle for a more predictable release schedule. To address this, we have implemented changes outlined in our new release model.
- bensku (Skript maintainer/developer)
- APickledWalrus (Skript maintainer/developer)
- Moderocky (Skript maintainer/developer)
- Ayham Al Ali(Skript developer)
- WealthyTurtle (Skript developer)
- Pikachu920 (Skript developer)
- Nicofisi (Skript developer)
- _tud (Skript developer)
- Sovde (Skript developer)
- TheBentoBox (issue tracker manager, aliases developer)
- BaeFell (issues tracker, project helper)
You can find all contributors here.
- Discord Server
- skUnity Forums
- skUnity Documentation
- skUnity Parser
- Add-on releases
- Skript Chat Discord
- Original Skript at Bukkit (inactive)
Developing SkriptSkript is a large project with a lot of complex programming involved. If you're new to Java, Skript is not the project for you. Due to Skript's size and nature, this project requires good Java experience before being worked on. Instead, try creating an addon for Skript. Take a look at Existing addons on skUnity to see what hasn't been done and find open-source addons to learn from.
Downloading Skript, addons and scripts
RequirementsAs of version 2.7.0, Skript no longer supports Minecraft versions 1.12 and lower (legacy versions). This means that the current version, 2.7.2, and all subsequent releases will exclusively function on Minecraft versions 1.13 and higher.
What Does This Mean?
- Compatibility: Skript version 2.7.X and onwards are compatible only with Minecraft 1.13 and above.
- Critical Fixes: Only critical fixes will be backported to the 2.6.X branch, ensuring stability for users who might still be running older Minecraft versions.
Why Drop Support?As part of our commitment to innovation and efficiency, focusing on the latest Minecraft versions allows us to optimize Skript and provide the best possible experience for our users.
Issues with Skript
If you're having an issue with Skript that is not related to an addon or because you don't understand Skript, then please post it in the GitHub Issues.
If you're in need of help with your script, then take a look at the resources section above. There are many different places to get the help you need.