Skent

Addon Skent 3.2.1

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Contributors
Blueyescat
Supported Minecraft Versions
  1. 1.13
  2. 1.14
  3. 1.15
  4. 1.16
  5. 1.17
  6. 1.18
  7. 1.19
OOORELs.png

Skent is an addon for managing files. This one was created to replace SkUtilities in this task. Indeed, Skent uses java nio to manage files. It has many features and a very clear operation.
It uses the latest features of the skript API for addons.

Current features:
  • Create a file, with or without content
  • Delete a file or any directory
  • Get all files or directory from another directory
  • Download files
  • Execute files
  • ... and more!
Any bug or issue? Don't report them in review, report them here
Author
Olyno
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.90 star(s) 10 ratings

More resources from Olyno

Latest updates

1. Hotfix for variables

The variables do not seem to work in async. This release is a hotfix to solve this problem. No...
  2. The new Async system

What is new? BREAKING CHANGES The old async system wasn't good. Using a tabulation each time...
  3. The improvement of processes

The improvement of processes What is new? New library dotenv-java: Used for the new execute...

Latest reviews

Glad you found the strength to rewrite your addon. Excellent work, for anyone who needs to work with files - the best choice.
I really like this addon! I can easily modify files without any trouble.
great plugin, would highly recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oml I love this addon so much! Honest to go, no complaints whatsoever. :D
I am absolutely in love with this update, I've been waiting for it for 5 months, it fixed everything I needed fixed and added everything I wanted to be added.

This is the best skript addon for files management, it does it with great performance!
Amazizng, it's the best File Manager I have found.
And I'm excited for the 1.16.1 update :3
Olyno
Olyno
Hi, thanks for your review.
It's good to note that Skent doesn't depend of any minecraft version, only Skript. So Skent is already available in 1.16 + while Skript is.
Perfect plugin for file management .
I just tested performance of skUtilities and Skent, I found Skent to cause much smaller TPS loss if any (probably doing stuff on separate thread unlike skUtilities?), making Skent absolutely superior.
do exactly what I want.
ps sorry for my bad english
Olyno
Olyno
Hi, thanks for your review, I'm glad to see that my addon is fine.
Great addon. I really hate doing this, but issue tracker link is broken! , so this should be fixed. For now, let me put few words that I wanna speak in here.

I have some problems using this tho. The new added events ( such as on download ) doesn't seem to be working.

Also, it might be pretty useful to have something like size of file ( for downloading content, or existing file ) . It might prevent a malicious user to upload large trash data to server in order to overflow storage space.

Also, event firing on download done might be great too. It can be done somewhat indirectly (such as getting extension periodically ) , but still might be nice
Olyno
Olyno
Thank you for your review!
The links have been fixed thanks to your description, thank you very much. For events, I would see the problem internally and fix them for the next update if necessary.