SkEditor

Skript Tools SkEditor v2.3.1

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

At 17:07 I uploaded new files because there were errors in original v1.6.2...
Hey! There was a critical error in v1.6.1 that prevented the app from running. I'm so sorry! Should be fixed now.

Changelog of v1.6.0:
Hello!

I'm so happy to finally be able to publish this update! It required a lot of work. What has been added in it? A marketplace from which users can easily install syntax highlighting and addons. Addons are downloaded from the SkEditor+ Marketplace repository, so to submit an addon, you need to open a pull request.

Changes:

• Added marketplace
  • Syntax highlighting now has a dedicated folder - SkEditor Plus\Syntax Highlighting.
  • It is now possible to have multiple syntax highlightings in the folder, so you can choose a highlighting in the settings.
  • Fixed #64, #63, #61, and #57
  • Slightly optimized code completion
  • Now the user settings are saved to a file in the AppData folder, which means they won't reset after each update
And... that's actually it. It's a bit ironic, a big update and such a small changelog. The thing is, the marketplace was a really advanced thing to do - but I don't regret doing it. I think it will be tremendously useful.
Hey. There were some translation errors in v1.6.0, so I fixed them in this version.

Changelog of v1.6.0:
Hello!

I'm so happy to finally be able to publish this update! It required a lot of work. What has been added in it? A marketplace from which users can easily install syntax highlighting and addons. Addons are downloaded from the SkEditor+ Marketplace repository, so to submit an addon, you need to open a pull request.

Changes:

• Added marketplace
  • Syntax highlighting now has a dedicated folder - SkEditor Plus\Syntax Highlighting.
  • It is now possible to have multiple syntax highlightings in the folder, so you can choose a highlighting in the settings.
  • Now the user settings are saved to a file in the AppData folder, which means they won't reset after each update
And... that's actually it. It's a bit ironic, a big update and such a small changelog. The thing is, the marketplace was a really advanced thing to do - but I don't regret doing it. I think it will be tremendously useful.
Hello!

Changes:

• Added marketplace
Hey there!

Sorry for not updating for such a long time. I've been busy with some new projects that I'm working on. This update isn't a major one, but it includes the first version of "Code Structures" or "Code Trees" (which must be unlocked as a separate addon, just like the projects).

I had planned to make some other changes and additions, but I wanted to release this update already. It's possible that there will be another few-week break after this, I'm not sure yet, we'll see.

Also, sorry for not having anything special for April Fools' Day... I'm planning to add some surprises for upcoming holidays, but that's a lower priority.

Changes:
  • Added code structure
  • When the user uses "Open Folder," if the addon to unlock projects isn't installed, they'll be informed of this.
  • Every add-on now needs to set the ApiVersion field. It's an integer that stores the version of the SkEditor+ API that the add-on was created for. If there's an add-on error, the program will notify the user that the add-on was created for a different version if that's the case.
  • Added functions GetApiVersion() and IsAddonInstalled(string name) to the API
  • The "Replace Spaces with Tabs" Quick Edit should no longer crash, but for now, it only works when the user uses the "4 spaces = 1 tab" format. In the future, I'll add the option to set a different amount.
  • Added better event system in API
  • Fixed #55
And that's it, I guess. I have manyyyyy things planned that I'll be working on. See ya!
Hey there!

In this update, I've significantly improved the performance (and even the functionality) of projects.

Changes:
  • Improved the Quick Edits window code
  • Instead of creating the project tree from scratch every time the window is activated, individual files update immediately (for example, when a file is deleted, it is instantly removed from the project window)
  • I've added a "Show in file explorer" button to the context menu of files and folders in the project window
  • I've added an "Check for updates" option to settings (checking for updates upon program launch)
  • I've fixed a bug that caused the "Replace dots with colons in variables" Quick Edit to not work.
And that's about it!
Enjoy using it :emoji_slight_smile:
Hey there!
Yes, I finally made it!
The projects have been added to SkEditor+.
Well, almost. For now, I decided to do it like with the code completion - meaning that projects are not enabled by default, but you can enable them with an add-on.

Any other changes?
I only remember two things besides the projects that I did, not sure if there was anything else:
  • I fixed the bug #47
  • I cleaned up the code (it should be more readable and maybe even slightly more efficient, but it's not the end - I'll keep improving it)
Just a reminder that to install the addon, you need to download the .dll file below and place it in the folder %appdata%\SkEditor Plus\Addons (you can easily open it in Settings -> Addons -> Open).
Hi!
Unfortunately, in this update I didn't add code completion, projects or anything important at all... But I wanted to release it, so here it is.
What's new?

• I added icons to buttons in the menu.
  • There is now an "Addons" tab in the settings where you can open the addons folder, view the list of add-ons, and read information about them.
  • Addons now have 4 properties that need to be set: name, author, version, and description.
  • After changing the language, new files still had names from the old language, and it only changed after restarting. Now it changes immediately.
  • Speaking of languages, Turkish (made by @erenkarakal in #45) and Russian (made by @envizar in #46) have been added - thanks!
  • Avast, me hearty! I added somethin' else to me program, but I can't for the life of me remember what that was. Ye best be checkin' it out yerself, arrr!
Other changes

• I made a few changes in windows to make them more adaptable to longer texts in different languages.
  • I removed "Export" and "Export Configuration" from the menu because they were already disabled, and I don't plan to add them for now.
  • I turned off code completion (it was accidentally turned on in the previous version), but I'm giving an addon below to unlock it as always.
  • Previously, "Search text is empty" and "One match found" couldn't be translated. I fixed that.
Damn! Looks like the auto updater introduced in v1.4.2 isn't working. Sorry about that! It's pretty crucial, so I'll likely update this version by manually replacing the files.

Hello!
Sadly, projects weren't added in this update. Sorry, I will try to add them next week.

What's new?
  • I added a crash detection system that will catch any crashes and inform the user while also saving all files.
  • 3 new languages! I added French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese (Simplified Chinese was mostly done by @juzijun233 in this pull request, thanks!). However, there may be errors as I don't speak any of these languages.
  • While writing this, I remembered that I didn't turn off the autocomplete system. Heh, maybe that's a good thing? It seems to me that they're not far from their final version anyway.
Bug fixes
Hello!
In this release, there were some bug-fixes, language corrections, small API addition and auto-updater was added (we will see if it works when new version will be released lol).

Also, in this version, you can unlock code completion to 100% by using my addon. To use it, download and move it to %appdata%\SkEditor Plus\Addons.

In the next version, projects (opening folders) will probably be added, and code completion will be officially introduced.
Bug fixes: