Official Review: Example Squad

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

BaeFell

I'm Poppy
Staff member
Admin
skUnity Legend
Nov 27, 2016
discord.gg
Discord Username
BaeFell
Hi everyone,

An idea suggested by @PoweredDragon was to get someone to make examples for syntax missing one. While the community is able to create examples not only with the original docs, but will also be able to create multiple examples with Docs 2, the idea of having a specific set of people doing examples seems somewhat appealing.

The set of people would go around the docs adding examples and be alerted to elements that don't have an example. I'm not sure exactly what I could offer for the work involved, but will most likely have a forums badge and rank.

Thanks,
BaeFell

Maybe this could be implemented automatically, with algorithm instead of a selected group of members.
Any one could create examples, and the badge / awards would be given to those who create a lot of examples and up-voted ones.

Reactions: BaeFell
Maybe this could be implemented automatically, with algorithm instead of a selected group of members.
Any one could create examples, and the badge / awards would be given to those who create a lot of examples and up-voted ones.
I like it! That actually sounds like a good way to do it. Would encourage the entire community rather than just a select few.

I don't agree a lot with @aescraft.
The reason is that in this way , all will be able to edit/set examples , maybe with errors or not a lot of knowledge about what they are doing.
Docs need to be a clean place , where all is doing well and people can learn in it , without run into an error with example sintax.

I don't agree a lot with @aescraft.
The reason is that in this way , all will be able to edit/set examples , maybe with errors or not a lot of knowledge about what they are doing.
Docs need to be a clean place , where all is doing well and people can learn in it , without run into an error with example sintax.
While the examples themselves won't be reviewed after being posted, there will still be moderator oversight into them. We'll be able to see all reviews and manage them accordingly. Users that abuse the system will have their access revoked.

While the examples themselves won't be reviewed after being posted, there will still be moderator oversight into them. We'll be able to see all reviews and manage them accordingly. Users that abuse the system will have their access revoked.

Ooh , so im fine with it.
Thanks for the explanation.

Reactions: BaeFell
To complement that, it would be cool if it can have a down vote option too, and when someone rate with that, he can select a reason, some simple ones like not working code or something else, them the community itself would help to make it cleans and updated as possible.

To complement that, it would be cool if it can have a down vote option too, and when someone rate with that, he can select a reason, some simple ones like not working code or something else, them the community itself would help to make it cleans and updated as possible.
There is an upvote and downvote button already :emoji_stuck_out_tongue: (There is no reason to select tho)

In my opinion, most of the people, who can edit (which is 'all users' as I understood), aren't really good at all these things. There would be really mass of work with 'correcting' wrong examples if there were people who think, that they can better. I still think, that there should be staff and rating with reason, as @Tuke_Nuke . Upvotes are reason for someone to stay at his place, while downvotes are signs to fire him (of course if there's a real reason - there should be some, such as "not working":emoji_stuck_out_tongue:
If it goes about the stuff, I can add a lot of examples even for free. It's absolutely priority to me, to make it easier for beginners - I don't care about payment or something. Satisfaction is what I want :emoji_stuck_out_tongue: I like helping - this is what I do practically all the time on the greatest Polish Skript community. If only there were more such people :V

In my opinion, most of the people, who can edit (which is 'all users' as I understood), aren't really good at all these things. There would be really mass of work with 'correcting' wrong examples if there were people who think, that they can better. I still think, that there should be staff and rating with reason, as @Tuke_Nuke . Upvotes are reason for someone to stay at his place, while downvotes are signs to fire him (of course if there's a real reason - there should be some, such as "not working":emoji_stuck_out_tongue:
If it goes about the stuff, I can add a lot of examples even for free. It's absolutely priority to me, to make it easier for beginners - I don't care about payment or something. Satisfaction is what I want :emoji_stuck_out_tongue: I like helping - this is what I do practically all the time on the greatest Polish Skript community. If only there were more such people :V
All users can contribute examples, however, they can only edit their own examples. Better examples will be upvoted, while ones which don't actually provide any help will be downvoted. It's a community based sudo-moderation system which relieves pressure from the staff team. Staff will be monitoring the docs as there are a set of moderation tools for us to use. You'll be able to submit examples, for free, just at your own pace. This idea is that there are people whose specific role is contribute examples.

Well, in this case
The set of people would go around the docs adding examples and be alerted to elements that don't have an example.
I'd go even more. If there's element, that has only downvoted examples they should know about it as well. Also, maybe they should be the 'checking stuff' too - you know, deleting wrong examples and trolls maybe as well.

I'm not sure exactly what I could offer for the work involved, but will most likely have a forums badge and rank.
As I said, I can take this role for free; I really felt a lack of examples, I felt also some useless examples on private docs (which may also happen here, because why not?).