Help with an error

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The version of WG that you're using might be newer/older than the one that Script supports, try downloading an older version if it's the latest one.

Skript 2.1.2 and a 1.7 server though, an update would be good.

The reason why we are on 1.7 is the PVP.

WordGuard is working fine on our other server which is also 1.7 & the same skript and WG version

WordGuard is working fine on our other server which is also 1.7 & the same skript and WG version

So you're telling us that WorldGuard works fine on your other server which is also using similar skripts, or that WorldGuard itself works?

If that version of WorldGuard is not compatible with that version of Skript, it's going to do that whenever you use anything related to regions.

And, by the looks of it, seems like a compatibility issue.

Also:

Don't use every 1 second to loop through players.
Even better:
Don't use every 1 second. Ever.

Reactions: ImMathi
The reason why we are on 1.7 is the PVP.

Are those servers also running the same skript? If you aren't utilizing the WG expressions in the other servers then it wont error out (afaik) since it isn't being used. What version of WG are you using?

If you want the old pvp on a newer version server there's a plugin to do it...
What is the name of the plugin?

Are those servers also running the same skript? If you aren't utilizing the WG expressions in the other servers then it wont error out (afaik) since it isn't being used. What version of WG are you using?
I'll test that out when i'm home

That's 1.8 pvp. There's a difference between 1.7 and 1.8 pvp. It isn't a huge difference like 1.9/1.10/1.11, but enough for 1.7 players to still complain.
Common, why would you want play on a 1.7 server? Blockhit? "Better hit registration"? Just excuses for me.

If you don't want upgrade your server to at least the 1.8.8, which has technically the same PvP but you can't do the blockhit animation anymore (you can do it, just without an animation), I'll not help you, and I hope others don't also. Not to be rude or anything, but it's such a waste of time when the newer versions of Skript doesn't supports any version lower than the 1.9, plugins are dropping 1.7 support and Spigot itself doesn't support any version lower than the 1.11.

Common, why would you want play on a 1.7 server? Blockhit? "Better hit registration"? Just excuses for me.

If you don't want upgrade your server to at least the 1.8.8, which has technically the same PvP but you can't do the blockhit animation anymore (you can do it, just without an animation), I'll not help you, and I hope others don't also. Not to be rude or anything, but it's such a waste of time when the newer versions of Skript doesn't supports any version lower than the 1.9, plugins are dropping 1.7 support and Spigot itself doesn't support any version lower than the 1.11.
Aaand, why exactly are you discussing that?

As far as I'm concerned, this thread is about an error on an skript execution. That has nothing to do with this. Stay on topic.

Also, you're being rude without reason at all. If he wants to be on 1.7 let him. Just tell him that either upgrade or it wont work, and let him decide.

Reactions: ImMathi
He just said what he think about the 1.7 pvp , don't be mad for that.
code_language.skript:
Not to be rude or anything, but it's such a waste of time when the newer versions of Skript doesn't supports any version lower than the 1.9, plugins are dropping 1.7 support and Spigot itself doesn't support any version lower than the 1.11.
No reason to say that he was rude, people can't expect help on 4 huge versions behind.

In fair defense, you aren't required to help him. Some people just prefer older rather than newer. For some people, there is a significant difference between 1.7 and 1.8. Whether it's hit detection, block hitting or overall feel. It isn't something majority of the Minecraft community notice since they don't revolve themselves around die-hard pvpers.

Aaand, why exactly are you discussing that?

As far as I'm concerned, this thread is about an error on an skript execution. That has nothing to do with this. Stay on topic.

Also, you're being rude without reason at all. If he wants to be on 1.7 let him. Just tell him that either upgrade or it wont work, and let him decide.
In fair defense, you aren't required to help him. Some people just prefer older rather than newer. For some people, there is a significant difference between 1.7 and 1.8. Whether it's hit detection, block hitting or overall feel. It isn't something majority of the Minecraft community notice since they don't revolve themselves around die-hard pvpers.
Of course he can do whatever he wants to, I'm not forcing him to update. What I meant is that an update may solve his issues, just a possible solution. And of course I'm not forced to help him, I just said that if he doesn't want update his server then he shouldn't expect (not saying that he does though) help from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.