Skript is being Laggy... Any Help?

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Freddols

Jan 26, 2017
Hello There!

So, ive always had a problem with lag on my server, but i never knew what was the cause, until i decided to test out if skript was causing the problem. I disabled all my skript, and sure enough the server ran like butter.

Yes, i am a skript developer, and ive coded skripts up to 2000 lines, but can that be a problem? I've refactored my code so all time or damage events are in one event. That helped a bit, but the server was still laggy. Also, since i have been using Skript for a long time now, i know how to code efficiently in it, so bad code is really not the case here.

I've also tried updating my Skript to the latest version, but that didn't seem to help.

If you need more information on this, please tell me, and i will reply as soon as i can.
(Also, im sorry if this is the wrong category for this sort of thread.)

Thanks for Helping!

I may can help you, PM me and send me your active scripts, I'll take a look.
After 3 years of scripting, I should be able to find something xd

I may can help you, PM me and send me your active scripts, I'll take a look.
After 3 years of scripting, I should be able to find something xd

Sorry but, i cannot send these scripts to anyone. One question though... Can a lot of loops such as looping players cause lag?

Of course it can.
For example if you have a server with Lots of registered users and you're looping Them, the server will lag.