Solved How do you make console execute commands with inverted commas?

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binjabin

Jun 18, 2021
I want the console to execute this command:
/give @a compass{display:{Name:'[{"text":"Spawn Compass","italic":false}]'}}

however the inverted commas in the command interfere with the ones that mark the start and end of the command? Is there a way round this?

The line is:
make console execute command "/give @a compass{display:{Name:'[{"text":"Spawn Compass","italic":false}]'}}"
Then it says "can't understand this condition"

Remove the / at the beginning of the command, and if it still doesn't work, use minecraft:give instead

In any command executed never put the slash
[doublepost=1629024156,1629024090][/doublepost]If it still doesn't work, inclue the whole part of the code

I think your misunderstanding the problem. I know why the error is happening, and it isn't because of the slash. You need to surround the command with quotation marks to mark where the command starts and ends, but the command contains quotation marks. This results in it misunderstanding where the command ends. Is there any way around this?

give player compass named "Spawn Compass" with lore "&bThis is the spawn compass!"
Needs Skquery, would help you alot if you read the documentation!

Status
Not open for further replies.