Solved Need help fixing fake-fine skript.

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraftEC

Sep 10, 2020
So, I'm trying to make a particle beam ability for a custom boss I'm trying to make. I'm a new skriptor, so I don't really understand what's wrong with this. I got some code from other forum post solutions, but it's still not working. Basically the ability is supposed to shoot a particle beam to the nearest player (I will later add a damage effect). It says there's no errors, but the particle beam doesn't work. Can someone please help me fix this script? (I'm using skDragon as well)
Here's the script:
Code:
every 5 seconds in "world_nether":
    loop all entities in world "world_nether":
        loop-entity is vindicator
        set {_illagerlord} to loop-entity
    {_illagerlord} is alive:
        loop all players in world of {_illagerlord}:
            set {_dist} to (distance between {_illagerlord} and loop-player *1000) + (random integer between 0 and 999)/1000
            set {_list::%{_dist}%} to loop-entity
        drawLine particle endrod, XYZ 0, 0, 0, center {_illagerlord}, target %the first element of {_list::*}%, id "%random number between 0 and 100000%", rainbowMode false, solid false, density 1, length 0, zigZag count 0, height 0, visibleRange 100, displacementXYZ 0, 0, 0, pulseDelay 1

First tell me what you want to do.
Basically there's gonna be a vindicator named "&4&lIllager Lord" and every 30 seconds I want it to shoot a particle beam at a random or the closest player in the arena (30 block radius just to make sure). Then it damages the selected player by 6 hearts.

1. every 30 seconds in "world_nether":
  2. loop all entities in world "world_nether":
  3. if loop-entity is vindicator named "&4&lIllager Lord":
  4. set {_illagerlord} to loop-entity
  5. if {_illagerlord} is alive:
  6. loop all players in world "world_nether":
  7. #This part I have fixed, but drawLine I never used.

1. every 30 seconds in "world_nether":
  2. loop all entities in world "world_nether":
  3. if loop-entity is vindicator named "&4&lIllager Lord":
  4. set {_illagerlord} to loop-entity
  5. if {_illagerlord} is alive:
  6. loop all players in world "world_nether":
  7. #This part I have fixed, but drawLine I never used.
This is the new code:
Code:
every 5 seconds in "world_nether":
    loop all entities in world "world_nether":
        if loop-entity is vindicator:
            set {_illagerlord} to loop-entity
    if {_illagerlord} is alive:
        loop all players in world "world_nether":
            set {_dist} to (distance between {_illagerlord} and loop-player *1000) + (random integer between 0 and 999)/1000
            set {_list::%{_dist}%} to loop-entity
        drawLine particle endrod, XYZ 0, 0, 0, center location of {_illagerlord}, target location of %the first element of {_list::*}%, id "%random number between 0 and 100000%", rainbowMode false, solid false, density 1, length 0, zigZag count 0, height 0, visibleRange 100, displacementXYZ 0, 0, 0, pulseDelay 1
It still doesn't work, no errors.
Don't worry about drawline, I have that part, but incase you need it, here's the template I use:
Code:
drawLine particle smokelarge, XYZ 0.3, 0.3, 0.3, center player, target location of target living entity, id "%random number between 0 and 100000%", rainbowMode false, solid false, density 2, length 0, zigZag count 0, height 0, visibleRange 100, displacementXYZ 0, 0, 0, pulseDelay 1
[doublepost=1601776944,1601499000][/doublepost]I figured it out... sry.

Status
Not open for further replies.