Solved PVP Duel Equalizer Engine Possibility

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicePoultry

Apr 14, 2020
I'm getting into Skript and I wanted to make a KitPVP or Duels Minehut Server as a project to teach myself the language. I wanted to make something a bit different than the hundreds of existing ones, however, so this is my idea:

when you join the server for the first time you duel other players that have also never dueled much. after a few dozen matches the engine has a sense of your probable skill level (some sort of hidden value in the code) and begins to more intelligently select matches for you. as you duel more, it can more accurately judge what a fair match for you would be. In addition to that, it can start adjusting your kit to add yet another degree of adjustability- the match mechanic gets you into the right general area, but the kit mechanic fully levels the playing field.

i assume this has been done before, probably many times. but I've never seen the kit mechanic on a server before.

my question is this: can this be done with skript? is this a project i should pursue or is it completely unrealistic?
thanks in advance.

btw I'm calling it the Fairgame Duel Engine :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

This would utilize a number of variables, functions, and would take a ton of tweaking.

I would recommend that you start small with skript and then grow your way upwards (Also, take some time to learn Machine Learning) as bold things like this are normally done by 3-5 well-experienced people (and not to mention, in Java).

alright, that was my assumption. thanks for the response.

but don't be surprised if you see a server called fairgamer pop up in like five years xD

Status
Not open for further replies.