%player's uuid% problem

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2019
Hello,
I have a problem with setting a varialbe with %player's uuid% and I don't see what the problem is. Do I need to add a addon?
I wrote this:
Code:
variables:
{parkour.Snow.level.%player's uuid%} = 0
And the error is this:
Code:
Can't understand the type 'player's uuid'
Thanks!

Hello,
I have a problem with setting a varialbe with %player's uuid% and I don't see what the problem is. Do I need to add a addon?
I wrote this:
Code:
variables:
{parkour.Snow.level.%player's uuid%} = 0
And the error is this:
Code:
Can't understand the type 'player's uuid'
Thanks!
At some point, I saw that some people had an error writing "player's uuid". And I think the solution was to replace it with "uuid of player". So change
code_language.skript:
%player's uuid%
with
code_language.skript:
%uuid of player%
It should works

Last edited:
At some point, I saw that some people had an error writing "player's uuid". And I think the solution was to replace it with "uuid of player". So change
code_language.skript:
%player's uuid%
with
code_language.skript:
%uuid of player%
It should works

Yeah, I use "uuid of player" all the time, and I have no issues with it

It's a big code so I will send it in a downloadable file... sec

No need, just send the updated (relevant part)
[doublepost=1590086300,1590086234][/doublepost]Also, may I ask what your server and skript version is?

Ohh I know what is wrong.

It is because you are trying to get the player, in the "variables" options, but no player has executed anything, so how would the code know what player to associate with the variable?
You follow me?

Ohh I know what is wrong.

It is because you are trying to get the player, in the "variables" options, but no player has executed anything, so how would the code know what player to associate with the variable?
You follow me?
So how can I fix it? Because if I replace it with %player% it does work
[doublepost=1590088404,1590087943][/doublepost]So should I do
Code:
on join:
    if {parkour.Overworld.level.%uuid of player%} is not set:
        set {parkour.Overworld.level.%uuid of player%} to true

Hmm I see, I also get no errors when replacing "uuid of player" with "player", so I don't know what is going on tbh

But for now, I would use another event to set the variables if I was you, until someone else replies to this thread (who has more knowlegde as far as the "variables" option list goes)

Reactions: Sander Vereecke
So how can I fix it? Because if I replace it with %player% it does work
[doublepost=1590088404,1590087943][/doublepost]So should I do
Code:
on join:
    if {parkour.Overworld.level.%uuid of player%} is not set:
        set {parkour.Overworld.level.%uuid of player%} to true
As @Viktor Tim Aggerholm said, is preferable that you set the initial variable differently instead of using the variable option. When I skripped for my server or someone else's, I usually did it this way:
code_language.skript:
on join:
    if {variable.%uuid of player%} isn't set:
        set {variable.%uuid of player%} to 0
Obviously, it will depend on the type of variable you want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.