How is this possible?

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can check what files the online players have on their computers
You can't, obviously for security reasons.

The video is using a mod, which modifies the client to be able to send info like that to the server.

Im so freaking glad a server owner can't check a clients files, HOLY MOLY would that be a huge security/privacy issue.

You can't, obviously for security reasons.

The video is using a mod, which modifies the client to be able to send info like that to the server.

Im so freaking glad a server owner can't check a clients files, HOLY MOLY would that be a huge security/privacy issue.
This was an actual thing at some point: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/1-8-resource-pack-exploit.339148/ (explanation)
Malicious servers were able to check if a file exists on a player's pc, starting from the `.minecraft/saves` directory (and you were able to use `../`).

@TerneyDK Don't use this, it can be detected by clients, it's probably illegal and it's mostly useless.

Last edited:
But I can still not see How you Can code it with Skript?
[doublepost=1568554075,1568553888][/doublepost]
This was an actual thing at some point: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/1-8-resource-pack-exploit.339148/ (explanation)
Malicious servers were able to check if a file exists on a player's pc, starting from the `.minecraft/saves` directory (and you were able to use `../`).

@TerneyDK Don't use this, it can be detected by clients, it's probably illegal and it's mostly useless.

[doublepost=1568554075,1568553888][/doublepost]
As far as I know, this can only be used maliciously in Skript, so unless you're going to give me a non-malicious reason to explain it, I won't

Status
Not open for further replies.