News New Parser Experiment - Collaborative Editing + WIP User Profiles

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Hi everyone,

There is a new Parser Experiment now live! Collaborative Editing allows you to edit your skUnity Parser Pastes in realtime with others. This is a very expansive Experiment and does enable you to easily collaborate with others.

I've begun adding User Profiles. Currently, the only way to access them is by clicking a user under the "Connected Users" section of the sidebar when editing with someone. They're still a work in progress but will be fleshed out in the coming weeks.

How to enable it
Go to the skUnity Parser, make sure that you're logged in and then click the Settings cog on the sidebar. Click the Parser Experiments button and you'll see the new Collaborative Editing button. Click that! Once you click Enable Experiment the page will refresh and Collaborative Editing will be enabled.

I'm not seeing anything different...?
Collaborative Editing will only work on your Pastes. So you'll need to head to a Paste of yours.

I've given the link to my friends, but it's not working.
You'll need to add them to the Paste using the User Management section. Click the Settings cog in the sidebar. Scroll until you see "Manage specific users". Once clicked, type in the username of the people you'd like to add and tell them to refresh the page.

Unless the Paste is private, if a user has been given Edit permissions, then they can edit it. If you have disabled the Collaborative Editing Experiment then it will be disabled for people who access your Paste.

How does saving work?
Saving works as normal. When any users who are connected edits the Paste, the skUnity Parser will save as normal.

Why add this when Google Docs does this?
Google Docs and other realtime editing sites don't provide the tools that the skUnity Parser does. You'll get Parse results when anyone updates the content.

Where can I give feedback?
You can reply to this thread, PM me on here or on Discord (BaeFell#0001), use the #skunity-meta channel on Discord or use the Feedback section of Collaborative Editing Experiement on the Parser itself.

Thank you,
BaeFell

Reactions: Govindas
Unsure if you've thought of this already, but I have a suggestion. If at all possible, have it so the parser can determine if what you're trying to accomplish will require an addon or just vanilla Skript. May take a bit to do, but it will be helpful (then, of course, the player should already know this before they start typing)

Unsure if you've thought of this already, but I have a suggestion. If at all possible, have it so the parser can determine if what you're trying to accomplish will require an addon or just vanilla Skript. May take a bit to do, but it will be helpful (then, of course, the player should already know this before they start typing)
We have been looking into making the Parser understand what syntax you've used and list the addons used.

Reactions: Govindas