[Proposal] Skriptathon

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

BaeFell

I'm Poppy
Staff member
Admin
skUnity Legend
Nov 27, 2016
discord.gg
Discord Username
BaeFell
Hi everyone,

A recent plugin challenge was setup called devathon. After finishing up and posting the thread for Skript Challenge, an idea struck! Why not a Skriptathon! The way it would work would be that a theme would be chosen by popular vote from multiple suggestions. Everyone would have a GitHub Repo of their script and push updates to it. After a certain time, all entries are then submitted and reviewed by a team of judges (judges wouldn't partake in Skriptathon). They would then be judged on multiple factors such as code style, readability, functionality, stability and more.

The difference between Skript Challenge and Skriptathon is that Skriptathon would be a bigger challenger, maybe spread of a few weeks or months, rather than a weekly/fortnightly thing. There would probably be some sort of actual prize, cash, a game or whatever, plus a medal on here. I'm not going to get into details of rules and other parts as this is just a basic overview of the idea, but please leave your feedback below!

There would also be the opportunity for sponsorship and advertising with Skriptathon. If you're interested in that, please PM me.

So yeah, please post your feedback and ideas, if you think this would work, what would need to happen to make it work and other things that pop into your head about a Skriptathon.

Thanks,
BaeFell

This is a cool idea. I don't think github would be a great place imo though. Spigot devs already cringe if you post Skript on github, but then again they have no say.

I can be a judge if you would like. I know lots about Skript.

I like this idea, but organizing it would be alot of work.

I say go with it

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean comparing between Skriptathon and devathon there?

This is a cool idea. I don't think github would be a great place imo though. Spigot devs already cringe if you post Skript on github, but then again they have no say.

I can be a judge if you would like. I know lots about Skript.

I like this idea, but organizing it would be alot of work.

I say go with it
The idea is from devathon. GitHub would just be the platform to show the history of the script and have it easily accessible. Integration with GitHub's API to easily collect all submissions. Who I select will vary, and may involve an application. Like I said above, I haven't got exacts about the majority of a Skriptathon (this is just a brainstorming thread). If you were to judge, you would be unable to partake.

Reactions: LimeGlass
Interesting..
C6S814C.png

Reactions: BaeFell