Solved Factions relation color?

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimZ0N

Jan 28, 2017
Hey so long story short I'm using json to format my chat, via Skript ofc, and long story short, I uhmmm, I'm kind of stuck at the moment? Long story short, I got factions to display in chat using Conquer, however, I don't know how to make it show what the relation between the member and the faction/faction and faction is.

Example, if I format the faction color to be white, it'll be white, if I format it black, it'll be black, if I don't format it at all it's just white, by default, and for other players/enemies it always appears to be white/black(as you make it/if you make it) which is really annoying, and on the discord, nobody really bothered so I guess that those who knew couldn't help or it's just impossible.

I'll have to note that I have tried using PlaceholderAPI, it doesn't work for whatever reason. I also tried normal placeholders, it just doesn't work for me.

My skript version is 2.2-dev37c from Bensku, latest version of Umbaska and Conquer, for PlaceholderAPI I am using 2.1.2 and finally, for factions I am using LegacyFactions by MarkehMe, version 1.4.7.
Yes, I am aware that there is NO EXPANSION for LegacyFactions HOWEVER LegacyFactions has its own placeholders and it hooks into PlaceholderAPI so at first I thought it might, just might work, turns out it doesn't.

Sooo, back to the main point.

Can I make relation color as well as roles appear in chat or is that impossible with Skript? I am very well aware that Skript has its own limitations and all that, I was just wondering if this was possible.

You need to use the Skellett method to set a variable to the relation color then display it before the prefix in chat. A local variable should be fine.

Use Skellett or Erska (idk the name but it allows hooks with PAPI too) and the docs.
Ersatz, I have it, as mentioned above, and yet again, it doesn't work, I tried using PAPI, it didnt work for it because LegacyFactions has its own hooks, as well as FactionsUUID, and no way in hell am I gonna be using massivecore's factions.

Ersatz, I have it, as mentioned above, and yet again, it doesn't work, I tried using PAPI, it didnt work for it because LegacyFactions has its own hooks, as well as FactionsUUID, and no way in hell am I gonna be using massivecore's factions.
Then set a local variable to the PAPI placeholder that is the relation color and display it in chat.

Then set a local variable to the PAPI placeholder that is the relation color and display it in chat.

And yet again, how do I do that...
[doublepost=1539349401,1539349345][/doublepost]I can't create a hook to that because it doesn't use the factions expansion, it uses its own hooks, that then hook into PAPI, HOWEVER, Skript does not consider them valid hooks, it just gives me the <none> whenever I set it as a variable or try to display it as a hook...

And yet again, how do I do that...
[doublepost=1539349401,1539349345][/doublepost]I can't create a hook to that because it doesn't use the factions expansion, it uses its own hooks, that then hook into PAPI, HOWEVER, Skript does not consider them valid hooks, it just gives me the <none> whenever I set it as a variable or try to display it as a hook...
Show me your code.

How did I format code again?

Edit 1:
https://hastebin.com/kaxecijoge.sql
Nevermind, I'll just do it like this

Edit 2:
As mentioned above, I can't use PAPI it doesn't work, for w/e reason, and whenever I'm doing it with Conquer (what I am using atm) I cannot display relationship colours. I don't know how to do it using PAPI, I don't wanna switch to MassiveCore's factions, both Legacy and UUID factions use their own hooks, am I fucked or what?
[doublepost=1539360286,1539350867][/doublepost]
upload_2018-10-12_18-4-15.png

Okay so update, I got placeholders to work, somehow, however, now that that's done, this is how they show up in chat...
[doublepost=1539361920][/doublepost]Ditching it, thread solved, solution, well, none, I can't do it, don't have the patience to wait, so, ye, w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.