Remove Lore

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuestLove

Jul 24, 2018
Skript Version (do not put latest): Skript 2.2 (dev37c)
Skript Author: Bensku
Minecraft Version: 1.12.2

How do I remove lore from an item??

I've tried reset lore of tool of player
I've tried setting the lore to ""
I've tried deleting lore..

I saw https://forums.skunity.com/threads/remove-lore.3689/ but nobody ever gave the correct answer to the thread and it's locked.. so confused, thought it would be easy

If you're using an NBT add-on you can use something like:
code_language.skript:
add "{display:{Lore:[]}}" to player's tool's nbt

Otherwise, i think the only way with vanilla Skript is to make a copy of the item without the lore:
code_language.skript:
set {_new-item} to {_old-item} named {_old-item}'s name

This worked just fine:
code_language.skript:
delete player's tool's lore

Last edited:
This worked just fine:
code_language.skript:
delete player's tool's lore
Like I said I tried that... this is what I get
loreerror.png

just for testing's sake, try
`delete player's tool's lore`
without skquery installed

The issue is that SkQuery is overwriting Skript's vanilla lore-expression. Unfortunately, since it's a property expression in SkQuery, the only way to stop it from doing this, is to remove it.

So if you're depending on SkQuery for your stuff to work, i can only recommend to use an NBT add-on to change/delete the lore.

The issue is that SkQuery is overwriting Skript's vanilla lore-expression. Unfortunately, since it's a property expression in SkQuery, the only way to stop it from doing this, is to remove it.

So if you're depending on SkQuery for your stuff to work, i can only recommend to use an NBT add-on to change/delete the lore.

The problem is loads of my stuff is broken now though and I don't know how to do it without skquery (errors below)

1. Can't understand this condition/effect: open chest with 6 rows named "Scrap Items" to player (main.sk, line 4: open chest with 6 rows named "Scrap Items" to player')
  2. [Skript] can't understand this event: 'on enchant' (Enchantments.sk, line 1: on enchant:')
  3. a slot can't be set to 'sign named "&6Help" with lore "&7Click for help commands"' because the latter is neither an item type nor an item stack (help.sk, line 22: set slot 0 of {_player}'s current inventory to sign named "&6Help" with lore "&7Click for help commands"')
  4. tab complete events aren't working

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.