Official Welcome to the new skUnity Forums!

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

BaeFell

I'm Poppy
Staff member
Admin
skUnity Legend
Nov 27, 2016
discord.gg
Discord Username
BaeFell
logo.png

skUnity Forums - a fresh start and new beginning.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the new skUnity Forums. The forums now run xenForo, kindly provided by @itismejoey. After a lot of discussion, between me, wrong, joey and many community members, we've come to agreement that the forums need a fresh start. Discourse was amazing, but unfortunately backend faults led to it constantly crashing. NodeBB has for some reason, suffered the same fate and killed the server; hence the long down time. We've thought hard about this and it comes with difficulty to do. Delete a year and a half of history or suffer the consequences of forum downtime?

In the end, we picked the new beginning. We were all against this path, especially @Wrong, who was completely against the fresh start. This fresh start means the forums will work. There shouldn't be anymore downtime as me and @Sam are now hosting the forums while the skUnity server is fixed as part of skUnities and SkriptRepo's partnership.

As part of the transition to xenForo, we have tried to move some of the original thread using a cache viewer of the old skUnity Forums. We have also set the owners of some posts to those who originally posted on skUnity Forums. Some content will obviously be missing and won't be moved back over, however, we hope that everyone here is able to pump the posts back in.

To answer any questions, I've created a list of basic FAQ below. If you have any questions please just reply or PM me them. I'll be more than happy to reply.

Why the reset?
As discussed above, the forum software we were using was causing downtime. Something which was painful to us as staff and users of the forums. xenForo is a premium, stable and reliable piece of forum software used by sites such as SpigotMC, Bukkit.org and Hypixel. The size of those forums alone, prove that xenForo is more than suited for skUnity.

I donated, what about my rank?!
Sorry about that! We're more than happy to give your rank back. Please just PM me and I'll sort it out. Just note that there will be a delay between receiving your rank and you PMing me. If I know you were a supporter, you'll get it back pretty much straight away. Otherwise, I'll just need Wrong to verify it. If your email on here isn't the same as your PayPal, put that in your PM! Do not reply here asking for supporter. It'll be ignored.

What about Trust Levels from Discourse?
While Trust Levels did help sub-moderate the forums, they weren't a feature in NodeBB. xenForo also doesn't have any sort of automatic trust level system. We've created a Helper rank which will be applied manually. More details about applying for that will follow shortly.

Are you looking for staff?
Currently, we are not. I believe the staff team is in peak performance will be aided by the moderation features in xenForo (a huge step up from both Discourse and even bigger from NodeBB). You can always apply for staff to show your interest, but that'll be coming in the near future. Do note, all staff got staff without being begging for it or showing their interest. Instead, they were active and helpful members of the community.

What about all the old posts from NodeBB?
We're working on restoring the skUnity server, until then, they're gone :emoji_frowning:. Once back, we'll keep the old forums as an archive. How long this will stay up is currently undecided as it's possible that it'll keep crashing. Once we've had enough of fixing it, then the NodeBB forums will be fully retired.

Can I get my old data back from the NodeBB forums? Like post counts, likes etc etc?
No sorry. We're doing a completely new fresh start.

What about bans?
We currently have no set stance on bans, however, banned members are welcome to come back and try again. While we're welcoming banned members, we will not tolerate any misbehaviour. All banned members are on a last chance opportunity. We reserve the right to re-ban banned members with or without a reason. We're not playing around with this.

What's this skUnity and SkriptRepo partnership?
SkriptRepo is a service in-creation by me and @Sam. We work closely with skUnity to better the Skript community. Part of this partnership, we have taken on hosting of the skUnity Forums. Your details are still safe and protected as if it was being hosted by skUnity and probably even more secure than ever. Protected by @Sam's amazing system admin skills and cPanel. You're also likely to notice huge speed improvements than Discourse and NodeBB. We're hosting the forums so there are forums.

Problem? Feedback? Suggestion?!
We're all ears! Share it Here

I have a question!
Just reply below, thanks.

I know it's going to be hard to adjust to another new set of forums and that losing your data is annoying. I do understand it all. I am a very active user of skUnity Forums, being there since the launch. We didn't want to do this, but it's for the better of the whole skUnity Forums, skUnity community and Skript community. Please bear with us all as we adjust and get these forums going again.

Thank you all so much,
BaeFell

Last edited:
SKunity Forums are composed of knowledgeable and experienced members, probably many people will delighted by your news.

Theme doesn't strain my eyes, so I liked it! :emoji_wink:

Reactions: itismejoey
Unfortunately we do not have access to the documentation. We're currently working out a solution for it now.

Uhh? Why am I logged onto a addon devs account called "PugaBear" what the actual fuck lmfao xD My old account was "Droktarr" Simply put I tried signing in to my old account not knowing it was deleted and it logged me into this random account xD I legit have access to all his shit now wtf.... How does this even happen lmfao it logged me in with his email and password? So weird...

Uhh? Why am I logged onto a addon devs account called "PugaBear" what the actual fuck lmfao xD My old account was "Droktarr" Simply put I tried signing in to my old account not knowing it was deleted and it logged me into this random account xD I legit have access to all his shit now wtf.... How does this even happen lmfao it logged me in with his email and password? So weird...
PM me with more information, please.

Reactions: Nicofisi