Feedback regarding SkriptIDE

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Liz3

Addon Developer
Jan 25, 2017
Berlin, Germany
21xayah.com
Hello Guys!
First of all i would be really thankful if you could read this Post completely!
I really need your feedback of you all.

I am the Developer of the SkriptIDE.
The only completely dedicated ide for Skript i know, sadly i quit the project about 2 Years ago.

Now i am here to say that SkriptIDE is back!

or not completely, because im planning to rename the project to SkIde or SkIDE

I learned a lot for sure, i also needed to do that, because i made some serious mistakes during the development of the first Version.

The first is, i was constantly implementing features not related to skript directly(like the Server System, FTP/SFTP export and so on), of course these features are cool, but they are completely replaceable, you can start a server normally and use WinSCP/Filezilla for uploading. In the end, the First version of SkriptIDE had a lot of these features, but only had a few actual features made for developing in skript.

The Second mistake was that i was releasing SkriptIDE with a lot of bugs and not even close to a finished product, which was a horrible mistake of my side.

To make sure i dont do these mistakes again, i am doing it the right way now.

What does that mean?
I am developing the IDE Features first, which contains things like auto complete, refractoring and so on.

Second i will not create a Resource on the SkUnity before i can say that the IDE is ready for end users with a 100% bugfree version.
That does not mean that it wont be possible to get the IDE before, i am sure that i will release the source code on github soon(https://github.com/Sk-IDE).

Now my question to you, the Skript Community!
What would you like the most to have on a Integrated Developent Environment for Skript.
You can give me feedback and any Feature request you want, i want the new SkriptIDE to be able to provide features on the level of Jetbrains IDE´s(Which is insane, but possible).

For the end of this Post i want to dedicate some words to you.
I had such a amazing support back on the old SkriptIDE by @BaeFell, @xXAndrew28Xx, @Matthew E and the community!
What did i do?
I quit the project.... This time SkIDE will be a finished product giving the Skript Community the best tool for developing Skript. Does not matter how long it takes.

To give the interested something, here is a Screenshot, of the first, but almost the most important feature i implemented.

Screenshot_23.png

(login.sk, @Pikachu)

I am so excited for your guys feedback.

Kind Regards
Liz3

Last edited:
Reactions: KingAlterIV
Neat, never heard of it before, but looks amazing! And will there be what king said above too?

I think errors while typing would be cool, but im not sure how feasible that is

@Pikachu
Yeah good idea, i think once i made the logic for Error checking, doing scans while typing should not be a big deal.
The only thing i am super afraid of, is how i will handle Auto Complete in Big files > 2000 lines, with good Performance, since i am using RichTextFX

Liz this looks amazing. I don't know much about IDE's but it looks like youre doing some incredible work. I can't wait to get my hands on this and test it out.
If you need a tester just give me a shout out, I'm always up for testing new stuff :emoji_slight_smile: