Arena Regenerator

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximuse

May 4, 2017
Hello, what is the best (no laggy) method to restore arenas?

I tried the following ones:
• loop blocks from pos1 to pos2:
• Skellett

Please help, it is for a game I'm making!

This way what you tried. Just add a wait a ticks (After settings/checking 1.000 blocks or somethings

This way what you tried. Just add a wait a ticks (After settings/checking 1.000 blocks or somethings
Meh, that works but it lags the server. Even with the waiting, the systems receives all the information of the blocks in one go when you do loop blocks from pos1 to pos2. Thats why there is no lag after it finishes looping.

Then doing this:
-If player is in a arena and break a blocks, Set the Variables like set {BlockatLoc::%location of event-block%} to event-block

if you want reset then easy

loop {BlockatLoc::*}
set block at loop-index as loop-value

Then doing this:
-If player is in a arena and break a blocks, Set the Variables like set {BlockatLoc::%location of event-block%} to event-block

if you want reset then easy

loop {BlockatLoc::*}
set block at loop-index as loop-value
Also tried that one but hey, what if a block generates somethings? For example, a block holding a sand block from falling, if you break the block the sand block is going to fall into the void. After your replace all the broken blocks the sand will not be there as the player never broke it. :emoji_slight_smile:

What about blocks forming such as cobble generating or obsidian..

I use multiverse to create new worlds for every match
since I use void worlds, cloning doesn't take long and doesn't lag
also, you can have multiple matches at the same time because you don't need to have multiple arena's

I think all block creations are nearly impossible to detect, because there are too many ways to 'create' a block. And adding all ways of 'removing' a block to the code, would create a large mess of code (in my opinion)

Pasting a Schematic could also be an option to solve this, but I think Skellett's regenerator is the best solution if you don't want to create lag. You could even save these per chunk if the Arena is pretty big. And FAWE is a great addition to the generator if you want to get the best performance. (I also use this a lot)

(Sent from my Phone)

Status
Not open for further replies.