Solved Database for dev32b

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2017
Which plugin/syntax would you recommend (if there are any) to utilize a mysql database?

I was using skellett till now but its database support broke when dev32 came out and i dont see it getting a fix soon. (cant really wait for that announced full rewrite)

any alternatives? (i guess skript-mirror would work too but im not experienced enough, so a short tutorial on how to use it with a database would do aswell)

cheers

Wait for the new version of BunchSk which would be called Bunch2Sk. Im working hard at this and it will be supporting MySQL, Redis, MongoDB and maybe more databases with advanced stuff for each.

Reactions: mel_instagibson
skript-db has what you're looking for. Skript-db's database support should be far more robust and much easier to work with than Skellett, featuring fast connection pool management, SQL injection protection, support for connections to multiple databases, and a powerful list variable mapping system (similar to skript-json).

skript-db has what you're looking for. Skript-db's database support should be far more robust and much easier to work with than Skellett, featuring fast connection pool management, SQL injection protection, support for connections to multiple databases, and a powerful list variable mapping system (similar to skript-json).
Good addon but why don't you make the one complex addon instead of "per-featured" addons???

Good addon but why don't you make the one complex addon instead of "per-featured" addons???

well if you know how to, skript-mirror is by far the most complex addon out there
and i really like this addon. its straightforward, versatile, clean and seems reliable and safe.

Because addon scopes. When you are making an addon, it should have a specific purpose and that's it. You can see this in all his addons (except skQuery):
  • skript-mirror: add reflection utilities to Skript

• Reqn: add web request tools to Skript

• skript-json: add json support to Skript

• skript-db: add sql support to Skript

My goal is to contribute to the Skript community, not to control it. I want my addons to be used because they solve specific issues really well, not just because the addon is already installed on the server. Whenever I see a radically different feature pop up in a large addon, it feels like the author is going "Hey, you installed my addon for X and I see you need Y. You might as well use my version of Y because you're already using my addon." I would like my addons to be judged based on their own merits, not because I have any sort of monopoly power.

Modular addons also come with some additional benefits:
  • It's easy to keep track of interest in specific features because it's directly reflected in downloads and forum activity.
  • If I leave, there are multiple small projects available that can be maintained by multiple people. You won't end up with an skQuery situation where the entire burden is transferred onto a single person who clearly doesn't know what they're doing.
  • If a better addon gets released, you can easily remove my addon to switch to it. It's not like I'm building an ecosystem around myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.