Armorstands

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

bobby

Jan 28, 2017
Skript version: 2.2-dev25
MC version: 1.10.2

Hey! I have a rotating armorstand and I'm wondering how I could get another armorstand to be moving around it as the main armorstand rotates.

Well, this is really hard to do in skript. Its possible to do what you want with skmiroir so I recommend you look at the java doc. However I recommend you get a plugin to do this.

How could I make it so I can have a armorstand teleporting behind the armorstand named "Test" 3.1 and above it at 1.2, WITH Skript

@MCProHost, please don't reply if you don't have any provided help. "You can get a plugin to do this"? He wants it custom made in skript. You said that it is possible to do it in skMirror? It would be much better if you told him how to do it as it is in the request section instead of telling him to look at the java docs. I don't think, after reading your reply, that he has more of an idea on how to do what he wants with skript.

Now, @bobby, what you could do is:
code_language.skript:
every second in "world"
  spawn armour stand at <location here>
  #repeat if you want an armour stand being placed elsewhere (above the block)
  set <location here> to air
  #set it to air so that the armour stand breaks and you can spawn one in a different location so that it looks like it is being rotated
  wait 2 ticks
  #repeat

I hope that it helped! I didn't test the code, so I apologize if it causes any errors!

Best of Luck,
- @LoneElf

How could I make it so I can have a armorstand teleporting behind the armorstand named "Test" 3.1 and above it at 1.2, WITH Skript

Well, this is really hard to do in skript. Its possible to do what you want with skmiroir so I recommend you look at the java doc. However I recommend you get a plugin to do this.

@MCProHost, first of all, did you? I did, and I didn't give him all of the information as I don't think he needs it as I gave him a good start. He can work out the "Test" thing, and if not, he can just come back and ask for more help. I told him how to teleport/spawn an armour stand which is a part of what he needed. The rest was also code that I couldn't skript without it being tested as it would most likely be way off as I have never done something like this before.

Best of Luck, @bobby,
- @LoneElf

@LoneElf did you read his post?
Doing something like this in SkMirror is just a waste of time when it can be done by default in Skript. Please avoid telling people use SkMirror as an alternative but yes, it can be done in SkMirror. However, it's complicated for people who never coded in Java nor tried SkMirror.

@MCProHost, please don't reply if you don't have any provided help. "You can get a plugin to do this"? He wants it custom made in skript. You said that it is possible to do it in skMirror? It would be much better if you told him how to do it as it is in the request section instead of telling him to look at the java docs. I don't think, after reading your reply, that he has more of an idea on how to do what he wants with skript.

Now, @bobby, what you could do is:
code_language.skript:
every second in "world"
  spawn armour stand at <location here>
  #repeat if you want an armour stand being placed elsewhere (above the block)
  set <location here> to air
  #set it to air so that the armour stand breaks and you can spawn one in a different location so that it looks like it is being rotated
  wait 2 ticks
  #repeat

I hope that it helped! I didn't test the code, so I apologize if it causes any errors!

Best of Luck,
- @LoneElf
I would not recommend periodical event because it's inefficient and can be done better with while loops.

To Bobby, to make an armor stand to orbit around the main armor stand, it requires use of coordinates and math. I'm not exactly sure how to do it (because I've never done something like this before). Maybe you can find an answer throughout the forums by searching or asking on Skunity Discord.

Last edited:
constant checking of both armor-stand location since armor stand's teleporting isn't vanishing and appearing this is relatively simple to do without complex math