In regards to the leaked image of Docs 2 + feedback please

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

I'm aware - I just don't understand what's ridiculous about a free site taking a while to be made by someone for free.
I will pay MathHulk or who ever is doing it $50 bucks if they just finish it already

I'm aware - I just don't understand what's ridiculous about a free site taking a while to be made by someone for free.

A while? By what standards? The age of the universe? :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

And i don't know whats wrong with that, i guess the guys at spigotmc or linux etc would have a better answer than me since those things are free aswell.
The appropriate move was and would still be to hand the project over to someone else, there are plenty of volunteers. Else its just never gonna be finished. Like seriously never.

A while? By what standards? The age of the universe? :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

And i don't know whats wrong with that, i guess the guys at spigotmc or linux etc would have a better answer than me since those things are free aswell.
The appropriate move was and would still be to hand the project over to someone else, there are plenty of volunteers. Else its just never gonna be finished. Like seriously never.
Guess what, SpigotMC has many developers working on it, and Linux a lot more. The docs 2.0 project has just a few working on it, there is like two persons who are actually doing the project. Yes, you could say "but then, why not make it open source?", I don't know, don't ask me; if they don't want make it open-sourced they might have a reason for it and if they don't, then well, that's none of your business.

I don't know why people can't wait for it, like, fuck, it's a documentation, it isn't gonna change how you see the world. And it isn't like the current docs aren't usable, I get that the current one has many bugs and that's why the docs 2.0 are being made but it's still usable. Said that, I'll kindly ask you, what's so important for you that you can't wait these people who are working on it freely and out of their free time to finish it? Because I don't get it.

well using the docs is quite annoying atm
bc of the double addons having x item
lets say im looking for citizen shit its much harder to find bc skellett and rayfall both have em

and I cant filter out what addon I dont want citizen stuff from

Guess what, SpigotMC has many developers working on it, and Linux a lot more. The docs 2.0 project has just a few working on it, there is like two persons who are actually doing the project. Yes, you could say "but then, why not make it open source?", I don't know, don't ask me; if they don't want make it open-sourced they might have a reason for it and if they don't, then well, that's none of your business.

I don't know why people can't wait for it, like, fuck, it's a documentation, it isn't gonna change how you see the world. And it isn't like the current docs aren't usable, I get that the current one has many bugs and that's why the docs 2.0 are being made but it's still usable. Said that, I'll kindly ask you, what's so important for you that you can't wait these people who are working on it freely and out of their free time to finish it? Because I don't get it.

well, duh, i guess an OS or a server software is a bit more work than a mere website (the workload here isnt too hard to judge either).
besides that the main message of your text seems to be "i don't know".
i don't care about the docs anymore, if anything i use tuskes built in doc generator but good luck trying that if you are new.
i do care about skript tho and one of the main issues for new users is... guess what?

as i said i just find it ridiculous to delay a project seemingly forever (and also a bad habit) while numerous people offered to finish it.
whats that even about.
do something or dont. helps everyone involved.

how long do you want to wait? till minecraft java is done for entirely? :emoji_wink:

I don't know why you say "nearly released". If you can't release it, don't do it, but you were hyping us with a project which won't be done.

well, duh, i guess an OS or a server software is a bit more work than a mere website (the workload here isnt too hard to judge either).
i don't care about the docs anymore, if anything i use tuskes built in doc generator but good luck trying that if you are new.
i do care about skript tho and one of the main issues for new users is... guess what?

as i said i just find it ridiculous to delay a project seemingly forever (and also a bad habit) while numerous people offered to finish it.
whats that even about.

how long do you want to wait? till minecraft java is done for entirely? :emoji_wink:
There is a bigger workload than you'd think, and be my guest to use it. At this point I'm not bothered what you want, need or use. The numerous people who offered are only offering to help, not finish and everyone that has offered have all said they only know basics.

I have been creating a back end solution that is clean, efficient and easy to expand. Rewriting parts of the docs, fixing errors, fixing security vulnerabilities as well as work 30-50 hours of a shift job per week, have my own personal life, do projects that mean more to me and try and muster up energy to want to develop the site. My biggest struggle is frontend, I do not have the eye for frontend. I know people that can, but it's a waiting game for them and they also have their own lives.

It's easy to criticise something, but as a matter of fact, I'm doing this for free - I don't get any donation money for my time. This is a small hobby with a dwindling interest. I am single handedly responsible for keeping skUnity up. The thing that gets me is you act so entitled for something you have no contributions towards. Sure you've helped a few people, but you have made multiple help threads, haven't created any resources and haven't donated.

I don't know why you say "nearly released". If you can't release it, don't do it, but you were hyping us with a project which won't be done.
Some of us have a life and can't just dedicate loads of time to do something that they don't have interest in.

Because he will. You know, I can barely do any progress on my plugins because school is that much time-consuming.

Reactions: Nicofisi

whats that even about.

Would you like to make it yourself? No? Then stop even trying to comprehend the workload and then insult the person doing it for you for free. You clearly understand nothing about web development and the horrible, time-consuming aspects of it. Please pick a fight that you have experience in as you clearly know nothing about this.

@BaeFell and yes you are getting paid by @WheezyGold7931's $100 a month + all the other donators. And don't say "That goes to SkUnity not me" but you could pay yourself with some of it.

@BaeFell and yes you are getting paid by @WheezyGold7931's $100 a month + all the other donators. And don't say "That goes to SkUnity not me" but you could pay yourself with some of it.
That was a one-time donation that went into hosting costs, xenForo and the skunity.com domain. Previous donations have again, gone towards hosting and the skunity.com domain. I'm not on any constant amount for skUnity and any money left over is put aside for those same costs.

Please don't make assumptions about things you don't have any information in.

It's a bunch of work and it takes time which comes out of nfell's free time. If you are concerned that it is taking longer than expected to come out, you can speed it up by offering your own services because while I'm glad you've given skUnity money, money doesn't make things come out faster.

An option for search which was suggested by @Pikachu is using a similar setup to Discord and using keywords within the search query.

Example:
Code:
armour stand addon:umbaska,skquery search:title,description type:event

Rather than ticking/unticking boxes, just type in or use a suggestion (if I can get it working). Keywords that'll exist:
example1/example2 = different ways of doing the same thing
(text/text/text) = different values supported. (uinput) = user input
{default} = the default value if ommitted
  • addon = the addons you want to include (uinput){all}
  • eaddon/excludeaddon = addons you do not want to include (uinput){none}
  • search = which part of the element you want to search (title, description, returntype, syntax){title, syntax}
  • type/category = what type to include in the results (event, effect, expression, condition, type){all}
  • etype/excludetype = what types to exclude in the results (event, effect, expression, condition, type){none}
  • hasexample = check the element has an example, if so, show it (true){false}

Would you like to make it yourself? No? Then stop even trying to comprehend the workload and then insult the person doing it for you for free. You clearly understand nothing about web development and the horrible, time-consuming aspects of it. Please pick a fight that you have experience in as you clearly know nothing about this.

So you want to tell me what with this? that it's more work than creating an OS or a server software? Or not doable in months?
I would do it but i have my own community to take care of. How about you read the post before you reply to it next time tho.

The man is unpaid and has a life to deal with as do most of us adults. We all realize its been quite a long time, however that doesn't mean your entitled to anything.

So you want to tell me what with this? that it's more work than creating an OS or a server software? Or not doable in months?
I would do it but i have my own community to take care of. How about you read the post before you reply to it next time tho.
Your own community? Wow, ignorance gets you far these days. The Linux operating system was not worked on by ONE person, teams of people with a dedicated idea get things done. If you haven't noticed, @BaeFell has a life outside of here. If you're so smart and brilliant, why are you complaining about the documentation not being there on a damn English based language? Why are you complaining when you couldn't do better in a shorter amount of time? This is supposed to be for you, stop with the damn ignorant attitude. You have done nothing for the community, @BaeFell is forming the base of knowledge for the damn community. Grow up.
[doublepost=1506714315,1506714189][/doublepost]
Linux has an estimated 10,000 developers, not one.

You, personally make Docs2 from the ground up and get back to me on that.