Yaml

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImMathi

Jan 26, 2017
Hello.

What is the best option to save data in YAML files for at server with 30k+ registret users?

Will it be best to create a YAML file for every single player or should i just save all the data in one file?

You could use my YML API to quickly create a file for each player as it is faster to create an indivual file for each. If you have a big file with loads of users, the more users added the slower pulling info from it gets.

Using my YML API you would only need to have one line for creating the file and adding variables to it.

Link: https://forums.skunity.com/threads/ezyml.202/

It's not a problem for me to use YML. But my question is just what is best and fastest for 30k+ users
At that point, I would be using a database, but that is just my personal preference.

However, if you wanted to store player data in YML files, I would suggest creating a player data file named "%uuid of player%.yml" in your player data folder. Than, you can easily just grab and edit the files whenever you need, without needing to worry if the user changes their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.