Official Review: example discussion

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

BaeFell

I'm Poppy
Staff member
Admin
skUnity Legend
Nov 27, 2016
discord.gg
Discord Username
BaeFell
Hi everyone,

An idea suggested by @aescraft was Example Discussion. With Docs 2, there will is a voting system for examples and the examples are displayed depending on their vote. His idea would allow for users to comment about examples and give feedback to the addon author and the users who contribute examples.

I'm not entirely sure about the idea, but would love to know what you guys have to say on it.

Thanks,
BaeFell

It could be chaotic with people spamming random crap. It would also probably require a lot more moderation. I think it is a good idea but I think multiple examples is good enough.

Docs 2.0 will be linked to the forum, right? Why not just create a new thread on the forum for each documented syntax? (Sort of like how resources have their own threads bundled with their resource page).

Docs 2.0 will be linked to the forum, right? Why not just create a new thread on the forum for each documented syntax? (Sort of like how resources have their own threads bundled with their resource page).
But that would mean a lot of fucking threads... and I mean a LOT.

But that would mean a lot of fucking threads... and I mean a LOT.
So what? This is a forum, you're supposed to post threads. There are also plenty of tools available to 'hide' these threads so they don't affect normal forum activity (new category that doesn't show up in recent posts, etc).

So what? This is a forum, you're supposed to post threads. There are also plenty of tools available to 'hide' these threads so they don't affect normal forum activity (new category that doesn't show up in recent posts, etc).
Ahhh. You got me. xD
Go for it then. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe not needed to create a new thread for everything. A simple buttom to discuss about a example, where it would create a new thread (or maybe link to an already created one?) where it would contain a default format, with a link to the docs and the example quoted.

Maybe creating a sub thread or something like that, to make it more simple, also preventing the same IP from voting more than 2 times or maybe 3 that would be so bad for spammers and good for the good people :emoji_slight_smile:. I suggest making a new rank (Like Examples manager...) to check the examples if there is a bad one. And the voting system must have "Like" and "Dislike", that would be much better. Examples with more than maybe 10 dislikes will be removed and that what "Examples manager" rank also do.
Another good idea is to add the version of the addon or the date that this document were added (maybe in later time (later versions) this document will be removed for some reason).
If there will be any good idea I will share it with you :emoji_slight_smile:

It's easily possible to create a thread on the forums via an addon/external page. I've done it before. I could make it so that @skUnity creates the thread and the systems will check if a thread exists for discussion of an example before posting a new thread. It'd allow the functionality and features of the forums on something from the docs.

Maybe creating a sub thread or something like that, to make it more simple, also preventing the same IP from voting more than 2 times or maybe 3 that would be so bad for spammers and good for the good people :emoji_slight_smile:. I suggest making a new rank (Like Examples manager...) to check the examples if there is a bad one. And the voting system must have "Like" and "Dislike", that would be much better. Examples with more than maybe 10 dislikes will be removed and that what "Examples manager" rank also do.
Another good idea is to add the version of the addon or the date that this document were added (maybe in later time (later versions) this document will be removed for some reason).
If there will be any good idea I will share it with you :emoji_slight_smile:
Not sure what you mean by a sub-thread. That wouldn't be possible without creating a fully fledged addon, something I'm not capable of doing myself.

It's easily possible to create a thread on the forums via an addon/external page. I've done it before. I could make it so that @skUnity creates the thread and the systems will check if a thread exists for discussion of an example before posting a new thread. It'd allow the functionality and features of the forums on something from the docs.

Not sure what you mean by a sub-thread. That wouldn't be possible without creating a fully fledged addon, something I'm not capable of doing myself.
Sub thread is like..
code_language.skript:
Examples section:
  (Addon_name) Threads:
    examples:
      effect/exp../cond../type (name): (the general syntax.....)
        - "example1"
        - "example2" ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sub thread is like..
Examples section:
(Addon_name) Threads:
examples:
effect/exp../cond../type (name): (the general syntax.....)
- "example1"
- "example2" ....
You mean categories for threads? It'd probably just be a category called "Example Discussion" and have a set title format.

As I said, though not in this thread as I should - voting is perfect. It would give info about the example which should be e.g. deleted so it may make it easier to spot such things.